Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What is the best call you have ever used for deer >

What is the best call you have ever used for deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is the best call you have ever used for deer

Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

the can works great for me I have had great success with it, also had great success with grunt tube called in my biggest 8 point with it
Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must say that I have used several calls. True Talker, other grunt calls, can calls, fawn bleat, rattle bags, and real antlers. I can truly say that they are all nearly equally ineffective.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Spike

I rattled a buck in two different times, but both times they hung up just far enough back in the trees, as to be out of bow range.
Speaking of lures, have you noticed Wall Mart now selling plastic wrapped deer turds? (lol) Just when ya' think ya' seen everything...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Fork Horn

The CAN. I have all three sizes. Always works for me. I don't even bother with a grunt tube most of the time.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

quaker boy ridge runner grunt call. it changes from a fawn bleat to a mature buck grunt. it sounds freaking awesome!!! but i can't find another one like so hopefully the one i have now keeps working
Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Old school, authentic antler rattling. He came a running like his butt was on fire. Have him Euro mounted here in my office. He says hi.

Not a spectacular deer but 11 points and it was my turn to shoot. The two guys with me were making alot of hand signals when I shook my head, thinking I'd pass. They told me I was #1, among other things.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Spike

For me it would have to be the primos buck growl and the CAN. I have had bucks litteraly come running to me with this combination. Its not always effective but when your in the perfect situation it can be deadly.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

true talker grunt call, shed antlers, and a doe in estrus can call
Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am hunting a new place in buffalo texas, and it seems gun shots bring the deer right in. go figure huh?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like the yellow one that sounds like corn.......

Quick Reply: What is the best call you have ever used for deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.