Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PLACE YOUR BET'S FELLA'S! Rut Contest!

Old 08-11-2004, 07:13 AM

Default RE: PLACE YOUR BET'S FELLA'S! Rut Contest!

IM in rut 24-7-365

Old 08-11-2004, 07:15 AM

The rut will start around Sept 1 and end around Jan.

Thats for NY
Old 08-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok fella's.......heres who and what we got so far for the rut.
-TIMBERCRUISER-3RD WEEK OF JAN
-BFNC2003 2ND WK OF NOVEMBER
-LEGACY357-1ST WK OF NOVEMBER
-DEERSLAYER-4TH WK OF OCTOBER
-MAUSER 06-OPEN
-JASONN-2ND WK OF NOVEMBER
-JIMMYS 2ND WK OF NOVEMBER
-TROPHYHUNTER-WILL BE CHASING HIS OWN DOES ALL NIGHT LONG.........HE IS CONSTANLY IN HEAT!!
RACK ATTACK-1ST WEEK OF SEMPTEMBER.

I WILL GATHER INTO TEAMS TO SEE WHO WILL HAVE THE MOST SIGHTINGS IN OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER TIME FRAME.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:37 AM

I'm probably not considered in this (Wisconsin) as it is more midwest, rather than east, but as every year, the big boys will be going strong from about 11/5 - 11/15. This is in the farthest reaches of the state up in the Lake Superior snow belt. Between the two buddies that hunt with me from my camp and myself, we have several heavy weights on the wall that were taken either 11/9 or 11/10. For some reason or another, these two days have been awesome for thick necked, stinking like rut, love sick brusiers! :-)
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 AM

ISEE IN WESTERN MASS MORE SIGNS OF THE RUT 4WEEK OF OCT.INTO FIRST WEEK OF NOV. IN MY OPINON!!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Tureky Fan, do you want the peak of the rut(peak breeding) or the peak of the chase phase? Technicall Rack Attack is right on....the rut starts when the bucks shed velvet and ends when all does are bred, but the peak in almost all states in the north is the middle of November. Chase phase is much better hunting than peak rut....when bucks are tight on a doe to breed you won't see much of him unless you see her....when they're chasing there are bucks running all over the woods constantly(at least on good days!) and lots of sightings.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry......Let me clarify. I say the chase phase!! When the bucks necks are so fat they look like tree trunks! When the air smells like doe pee, and tarsal glands are on fire! When the bucks are grunting so loud they sound like penned hogs on crack! I say all this is going to happen in ohio the second week of october or the third week. By the way we are having a record low of 52degrees tonight here in cincinnati!! OH i cant wait
Old 08-11-2004, 07:04 PM

Hey Turkeyfan....it will be in the 30's tonight up here!!!!!! Major cold front coming through. Talk about getting your blood pumping...too bad it's still early August :-(
Old 08-12-2004, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the chase phase I'm going to have to request you change my date to the first week in November....not the second.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

I say 1st week of Nov., here in Mo. the weather last night was 50 degrees and I think if it continues to be as cold as it has all summer the rut could come a little earlier. Weather affects everything and everybody so it is possible for the rut to be a bit early this year.

Quick Reply: PLACE YOUR BET'S FELLA'S! Rut Contest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.