Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back? >

Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

Old 08-10-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

I posted some info. and a picture of a guys deer that hunts about 2 miles from my property early in the year. At the time, it was thought to be one of the largest "8 points" taken in Mississippi.

Well the official MS. scoring is in, and he made the record books, not as an 8 point, but a 13 point.

This deer grossed 176 2/8 and netted a score of 156. Dang shame for the deducts, because it truly takes away from a great deer. The B & C scoring system takes away to much. I would love to have this buck on my wall!!!

There was a lot of commotion over this deer and was scored many different ways. One scorer had it at 165. Anyway, the point is, B & C scoring does not do justice to the kill.

Here's a pic...

and here is the original pic than ran in the paper and was circulating via the internet....

The pic was totally deceiving, as you can see. But still a great deer!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

Poop on them stupid deductions. It grew it it should be scored. How would them guys like to have deductions subtracted from their bone cause it aint perfect
Old 08-10-2004, 12:54 PM

We sure that's the same deer? I mean, I see the little stickers on the bases but where's the split brow tines, where's the sticker on the right G-2? I realize different angles look different but the distance from the right brow tine to G-2 in the "after the kill" shot looks longer than the wall shot. It should be the other way around since the wall shot is facing that way.

I dunno, maybe it is but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:46 PM

It's the same deer. What brought that up anyway? If you doubt what I am posting, then send me an email, and I'll give you specifics.

To explain simply, it's a totally different angle, and you can't see all the kickers in the bottom pic. As if I need to explain...........[:@]
Old 08-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is a whole big giant load of bull---- those two are not the same deer

look at all the rack and compare those are not the same
Old 08-10-2004, 02:21 PM

I would not doubt the post. It is the same deer. the quality of pictures is different but the same deer is pictured. One is a studio pic, after a mount for goodness sakes.
You can tell by the color markings on the crown, forehead and around the eyes for that matter...
Old 08-10-2004, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: bob d

that is a whole big giant load of bull---- those two are not the same deer

look at all the rack and compare those are not the same
You calling me a liar? And the Mississippi Wildlife Game and Fish liars as well?

Cause if you are a betting man, I can arrange the proof, with the guy that killed the deer. Care to make a very large wager?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:38 PM

There is no doupt its the same deer........

Pretty obvious to me
Old 08-10-2004, 03:15 PM

lol you guys are as funny as hell.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:56 PM

same deer,no doubt. theres a dark spot above the base on the right side on both deer. i have mixed feelings on the deductions. part of me thinks that deer should be given every inch and not have any deducted, but then again, when measuring a typical, we're picking out the abnormalities. the abnormal racks are for the non typical books. I dont understand the reasoning on the Zaft buck though. Pope and Young ruled the one point non typical and its very clear that it is a non typ point, but Alberta lists it as the score before it was deducted down to the 170 ish score it was deducted too..

slayer

Quick Reply: Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.