Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back? >

Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

Old 08-11-2004, 07:26 AM

Default RE: Remember the big Mississippi 8 point posted a while back?

I can see why people are saying the two pictures are of different deer. WhenI first looked at them I thought the same thing. The angle the hunter is holding the deer's head and the position of his hands in the field picture hide the kickers and forked brow tines. If you look closely you can still see the stickers at the base of the antlers in both pictures.

As for B&C scoring system, it's their system, if you have a problem with it don't use it. To me it is like golf, I don't agree with all the rules and penalties, but I realize that every other golfer is judged by the same criteria. If I could disregard the rules I did not like I would be on the PGA tour, but, in actuality, I am not good enough to be on the PGA tour and that deer is not good enough to be in the book.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

That IS the same deer! Silly rabbit![:-]
Old 08-12-2004, 08:25 AM

Woah, woah, settle down guys. I didn't mean to cause a stink. I wasn't saying those AREN'T the same deer, I was just saying they look different. Like the brow tine thing.

As for the B&C score, they set up these rules years ago to measure all deer by a certain standard. It's worked so far, and if they change it they'd have to go back and change every deer they've ever scored. This guy didn't make the book, so what. I'd love to have that buck on my wall book or not.