Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many of you dread the annual wife war? >

How many of you dread the annual wife war?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many of you dread the annual wife war?

Old 08-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many of you dread the annual wife war?

My wife gave me so much grief about hunting when the kids were little that I honestly lost my desire for hunting. She would make me feel so guilty about going that it ruined the trip every year. Lately I have been feeling the old desire for it and now I couldn't care less if she is mad or not. I guess I should have run in the other direction when she got mad at me for hunting while we were dating, but I love her and she is a good wife and mother otherwise. I guess it all boils down to how YOU take it when they give grief about hunting. Anyone who has problems in their marriage pertaining to hunting should tell their wife that it is the fire in your life and it is what clears your mind and soul and gives you the drive to be a good husband and father the rest of the year. Some guys get drunk all the time, I hunt. Take your pick, SWEETIE!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:15 PM

My wife and I only argue during deer season. As she loves deer hunting and we argue over who is going to get the best stand.. and biggest buck.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:30 PM

Not married yet and won't be anytime soon. So I get to hunt as much as I want!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:47 PM

No problem here. My wife has been my adventure mate for 27 years and for a few before that. We are up to elk camp for about 16 days and she is right in the thick of it. The kids have too. My oldest got a 6x6 bull last year. It is a family tradition.

EKM
Old 08-09-2004, 08:08 PM

[8D] mine dont mind having some meat on the table but i did get her a new car
Old 08-09-2004, 09:35 PM

I told my wife before we got married that I am a hunter and thats that. She fusses all the time. I could care less. I give her plenty of time in the summer and during the week' but on the weekend I am in the woods. I always attend church on Sunday morning after my morning hunt then its back to the woods. I know it may not be right but oh well.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:00 PM

MY WIFE DOSNT CARE !!!! SHE BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEE ME LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR THE HOLE DAY
Old 08-10-2004, 04:44 PM

My wife doesn't mine me hunting at all, especially since I started back hunting several years ago once again. 25 years of marriage, she knows the deal, lol.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Mine had a problem with it and couldnt get over it so......
The New one is enjoying learning how to shoot.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Matriarch Doe!

I was lucky enough to find a guy who loves hunting almost as much as I do. He bow hunts and I rifle hunt, but we spend alot of scouting time together and totally understand each other's passions. I get the best of both worlds. I get to tag along with him and do alot of calling during his season, getting amazingly close to elk, and then take off by myself for a couple weeks during my season (I'm self-employed and set my own time off). He comes up on the weekends during my elk and deer seasons and we have a blast together. The rest of the year, we're up in the hills every weekend hunting whatever is in season, and fishing in between. I thank God every day for putting us together, because I know no other guy would ever put up with me!

Quick Reply: How many of you dread the annual wife war?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.