Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many of you dread the annual wife war?

Old 08-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many of you dread the annual wife war?

It isn't a war at my house. We got all that straight on our first date and all though she had no idea as to the extent of it, she does not say anything about. Sometimes later in the season she starts to get a little frustrated but she doesn't say anything. I do take her out more often during the season and try to do more things for her but I still get my hunting time in.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Rottweiler

Haven't had a prolbem since the divorce
Classic response!!! I dang near fell outa the chair!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:25 AM

Hunting widow.
It took me a long time to find a good one, but it was worth the wait.
My wife knew the score going in, we knew each other several years before we started dating. She doesn't give me any problems. In fact she is very supportive. She has helped me hang stands, helped me drag out deer, helped work on food plots, helps work them up.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:09 AM

I take my boys 7 and 11 with me. This way it is not just me, I am teaching my boys about the outdoors and spending lots of quality time with them. I still do a few days on my own but I have only so many tags to fill. So by hunting with the boys they shoot but I still get to enjoy the hunt.

Yes she a does remind me about the money I spend each year. Just be sure that for each $ you spend she gets to spend $ too. I tell her just be happy I don't golf.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well fella's iam not married, but i have been with same women for 7yrs now. I told her that the two things that get in my way of hunting ever happen they will be cast aside and never to be heard of again.........that is you and my job. So she knew that i meant buiness when its hunting season. I told her u and the kids have me 8months outta the year, and for four months outta the year ill be hunting.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:18 AM

I guess I am lucky. I have a sickeningly wonderful marrige and my wife is great. She doesn't mind anything I do, least of all hunting. She wants to try bow hunting, herself (guns are too loud, she says) During bow season, I leave her at home with the kids and take off. She joins me during rifle season and sometimes goes out on the evening hunts with me.
It's harder now that we have 2 kids (girls 2 1/2 and 6 weeks) and with the baby, she won't be able to come very often, but she'll try. Last year, she helped me buthcer a buck at camp! The other men I hunt with couldn't believe it. They have to gut everything their wives or daughters shoot (not gonna eat it, not gonna gut it, don't shoot it!!)
Old 08-09-2004, 08:45 AM

My wife is terrific, and lets me pretty do whatever I want--a privilege I am careful not to abuse.

Mutual respect goes a long way, I've learned.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:49 AM

I am very fortunate to be married to a wonderful woman!!! She hardly ever questions my hunting time. I am always at my son's activities on the weekends. If I show up late she never complains because she knows that I will be there. We have a great understanding about hunting season She actually enjoys hearing about my time in the woods!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:57 AM

Mrs. Charley has no problem with me being gone almost every weekend during whitetail season. We work together for the rest of the year, so it is no problem. Kids are grown, so that doesn't enter in to it. She hunts with me one or two weekends a well.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

My wife hunts with me. She is pure country girl and has hunted since I knew her. That was when she was six and I was nine. I used to hunt with her brothers before we started going out. We have been hunting together for 36 years and hope to have quite a few more. When I am not hunting then I am fishing. She likes to fish as well but not for as many hours a day as I do. If I never get closer to heaven than my life with her, I will be a happy man anyway.

Quick Reply: How many of you dread the annual wife war?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.