Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how long do you usually stay out on a hunt? >

how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

Old 08-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

I am committed to all day if need be, but i dont mind dragging one out before noon, thats for sure.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

We (sons and 2 friends) always go in and get set up at least 45-60 min before 1st light. We are dedicated tree stand hunters and we all stay until legal shooting hrs is over - 30 min after sunset. That's 11 1/2 hrs in a tree, every day. The only time we come down is when one of us tags and all the others show up to help. Of course if you shoot a deer at 7AM or 3pm, you won't see anyone for about 2 hrs. We usually have 4-6 guys setup in such a way that we cover an awful lot of area and we know EXACTLY where everyone is. Everyone has their own style, but we do it our way simply because it works. Just the thought of hearing a round go off and knowing it's absolutely one of us, is such a great feeling. That's when comrauderie and hunting go hand and hand.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Early bow I hunt peak times (AM and PM). First part of ML(Oct) for whitetails I continue this trend but usually spend more times out in the evening. If chasing Mulie's I hunt am through midday during ML season. Come pre rut and rut I spend as much time out as possible -especially the rut midday is my preferred timeframe. Most of my larger deer have come between the hours of 11-3 in Nov.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I go in Nov. 1 and come out Dec 31 or that's what my wife would say.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Me too, I go in by headlamp, and don't make a move for the car until the last second of shooting light.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Until my butt can't stand the cold anymore or I usually get out around 11 and get back in around 2:30 until dark. I enjoy both morning and evening but some mornings I can't keep these eyes awake. I feel as if I'm starting to fall when I take those extra long blinks and that drives me crazy.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:38 PM

Depends I get out there around 5:30 and usally leave at 11:00 some time longer, some time shorter. And come back around 4:30 till dark.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Iam like alot of the guys in here, I go in just before first light and don't come out till dark, I bring everything in that I will need for the day and stay in my stand, you just never know when that one big buck will come stumbling on by.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:35 AM

I like to be out all day. I plan on bringing lunch and a pee bottle. Try and hit the crapper before goin out.[>:]
Old 08-08-2004, 08:26 PM

id say i spend about a good 4-5 hours in a hunting day somtimes i go back home and take a break then hit it at sundown..

Quick Reply: how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.