Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how long do you usually stay out on a hunt? >

how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 PM

Default how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

i usually get to the woods at around 5:30am and stay til 11:00am, im working on some all day hunts though. soon as i get some warmer clothes lol.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

I go in by flashlight and come out by flashlight, carry the stuff with me that i need for the whole day.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

always go in ready to sit all day......but always drag out about 9ish......i have hunted some all day hunts though......but they were doing drives most days....id hunt alone from daylight till 10am...grab lunch on the way to the farm...or me and my buddy would meet at dawn and he would drive for me alone till the rest of the group started the drives at 11am.....then at 11 wed drive till dark....in and out of trucks a good bit driving spot to spot to do other drives.....drives last about an hour-hr and a half......we drive out some big hollows with alot of guys.....i dont think we hunted and didnt see a deer....cant wait for this year....i will be stand hunting more too....and i will be there dark till dark if need be......id like a rack for the wall.......
Old 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM

Im probably the worlds worst at staying all day. In the mornings Ive gotten out of the blind as early as 830 several times. Actually once I got out at 805, and got my best buck at 810, I ve been trying to stay longer and longer, but 930 is about as late as I ll stay. sometime Im back in my stand by 10-1030 for a noontime hunt. On afternoon hunts I like to get in the stand no later than 230 and of course stay till dark, I Have more patience in the afternoon hunt, mornings always make me think about breakfast too much.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:35 PM

I'm like Lee, I go in when it's dark and I don't come out until it's dark.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

all day everyday of the 6 week bow season. And everyday of the rile and muzzy season as long it is not under 30 degrees or untill my 5 tags are filled
Old 08-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

All day usually.

Except for turkeys, you can only hunt them till noon in PA.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LeeinVa1

I go in by flashlight and come out by flashlight, carry the stuff with me that i need for the whole day.
Same here on weekends , during the week I try to squeeze in as many hours as my job will allow .
Old 08-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

During the week I hunt from about 4pm to dark. Saturdays I usually hunt from dawn till around 10:30....then 3 till dark. During the RUT I'm in my treestand from dawn till dusk....unless I have to climb down to follow the blood!
Old 08-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Bow starts Sept 15 and I hunt it till November 1 3 or 4 days a week, weekdays 3 till dark and Saturdays Dark till 0900 and 3pm to dark. I see most of the der early and late anyway when I have stayed all day. There is no one else in the woods to move the deer during the day!!! Unlike most I usually hope for someone to disturb the woods.

Rifle is Nov 1 till Dec 30 and I hunt most of November 3 or 4 afternoons a week and Sat & days off dark till 1000 & 1400 till dark on days off. Nov 1&2 all day and opening of the regular season all day, Nov 15. December gets cold and the deer go nocturnal so I hunt less mostly a few hours in the morning or evening.

Quick Reply: how long do you usually stay out on a hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.