Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WHAT WOULD MAKE A DREAM PEICE OF PROPERTY FOR YOU TO HUNT ON? >

WHAT WOULD MAKE A DREAM PEICE OF PROPERTY FOR YOU TO HUNT ON?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHAT WOULD MAKE A DREAM PEICE OF PROPERTY FOR YOU TO HUNT ON?

Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WHAT WOULD MAKE A DREAM PEICE OF PROPERTY FOR YOU TO HUNT ON?

Mine would have plent of agriculture, or food plots with open hardwoods, and cedars, with a nice lake to fish on. It would have easy access for a atv, or pick up truck to get back and forth to transport deer. What would you guys consider a dream peice of property.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT WOULD MAKE A DREAM PEICE OF PROPERTY FOR YOU TO HUNT ON?

I don't even want to start on this one. However if I someday win the powerball lottery I'll be on here explaining the property that I just purchased.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The same property the the "PLAYBOY MASION" is on with all the girls, plus a great deer herd
Old 08-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Dominant Buck

The place I'm hunting on again this year. It's completely over run with deer. The taxidermist, who mounted my pie ball, said the biggest deers he has ever mounted have come from this property. You gotta like that. It backs up to a state park and is loaded with big oaks. Last but not least, me and a few of my friends are the only ones who hunts it.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:38 PM

The same property the the "PLAYBOY MASION" is on with all the girls, plus a great deer herd
There's already plenty of fine does on that property, what are you talking about?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:50 PM

The land here next to my house is my ideal spot to see some big bucks and alot of other deer. The only thing it would need is the dumba**es that my neighbor lets hunt to stay out.

The way it is setup up is there is a big state/county park acrossed the road w/ no hunting allowed. When you cross the road over to my woods it is only about 75yds across but goes the entire length of the road. On the other side of that strip is the closest ag field which is beans this year. that strip comes up towards my house but narrows down to only about 40yds between the field and a large spoil bank that blocks it from the other house I mentioned. That spot makes about the best damn funnel Ive ever seen. Through the funnel it opens up to the woods right in my front yard which is about 15acres of thickets,brush, and an oak patch or 2. That block ends at another road and directly acrossed the street is an alfalfa field which borders a cornfield with another block of woods on the other of it. All that may sound confusing but it s a hell of a deer travel route when the deer from the park come to feed.

This is a pic of me w/ a buck that my neighbor shot off the ground with his bow right under my lockon in the funnel that I pretty well refuse to hunt with the other guys always in there. Hes also killed a 10pt sittin on the spoil bank and every year the other dumba**es shoot at numerous deer, big and small.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Well since I hunt Saturdays and I love OU Sooner football I could sit on the first row of the upper deck and be within rifle shot of everything. Of course I'd only shoot when the other team has the ball. The field is natural grass at least!!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

My dream property would be any property that I owned that was large enough to hunt on! Oh sure it would be an added bonus if it had a few fields I could lease out to a farmer and a nice stream that fed a pond!
Old 08-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would want to hunt an area that holds really big bucks. Hunting here in New England, that points directly to Maine. Where are the biug bucks where I hunt in Maine?....In the swamps. Those big swamp bucks, with racks the size of ballbats and massive body weight. The kind of deer that will take your breath away. Sooooo, gimme land that contain those nasty, thick cedar swamps in Maine that also include old tote roads, thick alders, a few old apple orchards and some hardwood ridges. Those areas in Maine hold some of the biggest deer in the country. Hard hunting yes, but it should be!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

I believe where I hunt right now is about perfect except for the cattle that roam the woods for the summer time. If they were never in there this little piece of heaven in Graham, Missouri would be absolutly perfect. It has agriculture, food plots, hard woods, huge brush piles, buck brush, everything that makes it perfect and not to mention the big bucks that roam the area. I am completly happy with this 150 acres.