Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

got a Stealth Cam

Old 08-01-2004, 10:13 PM

Default got a Stealth Cam

my cousin just got a new stealth cam and we put it in an area where we have been seeing some nice 10-12 pts. when we get some pics, ill post them on here
Old 08-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: got a Stealth Cam

Can't wait to see some pic's .I put a stealth cam out a couple of week's ago but I have had a couple of problems with finding out just how many pic's it's taken , There was nothing displayed on the front ,so I opened it and set it on stand by .I changed the batteries and started over so the display went back to "0" I know that there was at least 4 pic's on it before ,but now i have no idea how many are on it .

nubo
Old 08-03-2004, 11:49 PM

how do you get by with checking it without getting your pic taken as well?
Old 08-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Approach the camera from the rear and open it and set it on test. That will keep the picture count. If you need to change the batteries, that will zero your count.

Just add the count before you switched batteries with the currently displayed count
Old 08-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been sneaking up on mine and peeking around from the right side to look at the display. Have not had my picture taken yet on the stealth cam.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:05 PM

If you change the batteries one at a time you won't lose anything. Just a helpful hint.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:58 PM

thanks, gonna go check it tomorrow, now we wont get our pic taken.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never thought of changing the batteries one at a time "Duh" I'll tryb that this weekend.
thank's for that little tip brirute.

nubo
Old 08-05-2004, 08:22 PM

Sorry to rant but I hope everyone is having better luck with their stealthcam, I bought one and had to exchange it twice before I got one that worked, and now number three wont take pics. I knew there were deer in front of it but still no pics, so I put on of my other cameras right nest to it for a week, my good cam took an entire roll of film and the stealthcam only took one picture. Yes the batteries are new, and Ive tried two other sets, and experimented with it at different heights, no pics. Sorry to gripe but Im very disappointed in it, and hope the company will do something about it.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:35 PM

i have run about 10 rolls of film through mine and no problems battery life is decent and it takes decent pics but the walmart pic CD comes in bmp format instead of jpg so i cant post them

Quick Reply: got a Stealth Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.