Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Seeing Bigger Bucks this year? >

Seeing Bigger Bucks this year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Seeing Bigger Bucks this year?

Old 07-29-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Seeing Bigger Bucks this year?

anyone been seeing any big bucks yet? for some reason, i have been seeing more big bucks so far this year than i have any other year. its like they are everywhere, im excited to go hunting this year. has anyone else been seeing bigger deer? or is it just something local? i live in southern indiana.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Seeing Bigger Bucks this year?

I saw 5 bucks that were sporting anywhere from 6-12 points together yesterday together in a field 3 miles from my house, so maybe it's not just where you live.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:06 AM

Havnt seen the first buck yet, but that is normal for this time of the year, but alot of does
Old 07-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eric

Do you hunt private land or the national forest? I am in South Bend, but in the next couple of years, I will be working on and off down there, mostly in the SW corner, near Crane Naval Base. Seems to be a lot of wooded land down there. How is it getting permission for private land? Up here there is plenty of non-hunter/anti-hunter sentiment.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year i have seen more bucks on my property then all the years i have hunted there, and 95% are 13o plus, and a couple really big ones. I hope this year will be better or just as good, the buck population and nutrition is at an all time high, deer have never had it better than they do now, with all the food plots and agriculture a buck has a better chance of sporting some major hardwear of bone than ever before.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Eric, what county do you live in? I live near Evansville and have been seeing several nice deer also! Just saw 2 nice bucks this weekend and a couple bruisers last month! good luck to you hunting this year.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Ive been seeing some bigger deer earlier this year. They usually pop up when they are hard antlered and chasing the does but Ive seen a few good ones in the last couple weeks behind my house and got a nice 11pt on my Stealth Cam that I'd like to tag(buck below in my Sig)

BTW- Im in warrick co., down in southern indiana. P.L.- you know of any areas to hunt in Vanderburg? I'd love to get in there and hunt the early season and get a chance at 4 additional deer in the Urban zone.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:02 PM

I hunt on private land, down here, most everyone hunts deer, i have gotten permission from a few people to hunt their land, but i hardly ever do because the place where i hunt now is a gold mine, i see bucks every day, and does too, in fact, 2 years ago, 9 bucks walked past my stand on opening morning, trailing a hot doe of course. Oh, and i live about 40 miles south of Crane in Perry county. Theres a good mix of fields and woods around here, corn, wheat, and soybeans. this is a great place to hunt and looks to me like the bucks are getting bigger !!!
Old 07-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

i have not found a place yet to hunt in vanderburgh, i hunt in dubois county and henderson, co. KY
Old 07-30-2004, 03:17 PM

dubois county is the next county north of me, but vanderburgh is about 4 counties away as you probably know, i have never hunted that county, but i would like to.
ORIGINAL: portable ladder

i have not found a place yet to hunt in vanderburgh, i hunt in dubois county and henderson, co. KY

Quick Reply: Seeing Bigger Bucks this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.