Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Suburban Bow hunting

Old 02-25-2002, 10:06 AM
G2

Default Suburban Bow hunting

These are the bucks I've been lucky enough to harvest over the past 7 years, all of them came out of heavily populated subdivisions in louisville Ky. There is no gun hunting allowed so I decided years ago that I was putting up the gun for good and bought a bow. It's been fun. We are only allowed 1 buck per year and I've kicked myself for tagging out early more than once, because it never fails to shoot a good buck and the next time I see a boone and crockett contender.

Edited by - G2 on 02/25/2002 11:09:05
Old 02-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Suburban Bow hunting

Mighty fine bucks G2, and all with bow!

The Tazman
Old 02-25-2002, 11:29 AM

Great bucks, whats the story with all the racks on the floor in the one photo.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

That's what no hunting and lots of food can do. It's like a forced QDM! In NJ, there are loads of suburban areas but most are strictly off-limits. However, we are starting to see some big boys coming from the large estates and "stealth" hunters as we call them.

Old 02-25-2002, 04:32 PM

Those are some pretty nice bucks. And I know what your talking about when you say you hunt in the suburban areas. The deer around here grow so big feasting on crops, flowers, shrubs, and any other vitamin rich plants they get get their teeth on. They are around all the time and are o the verge of becoming a problem ifit weren't for people that hunt with a bow in these areas. Good luck in the future.
</img>
Hunting leaves tracks on my heart and imprints memories in my head.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:32 PM

Nice bucks, have you shot any does too?

&quot;Playing under the table and dreaming&quot;
Old 02-26-2002, 07:53 AM
G2

Everson, the picture with all the racks was taken at the taxidermist,the day after I shot that deer. Yes I do shoot does we have unlimited doe tags $10.00 per tag and usually if I tag out, I start shooting does to thin out the crowd. I have one hunting spot that is so over run with deer that the does will bed right in the guy's driveway and yard. I'm in the landscape buisness and have some people begging me to bowhunt their property but at the same time there are deer lovers who hate seeing hunters anywhere near their house,so I've become very careful about how I enter and exit the properties I hunt and I definately don't strap the deer to my hood when I leave the neighborhood.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great bucks, congrats, G2!
Subburban hunting was my point in another thread, about the New Jersy city that hired deer exterminators. They could have charged a special licence fee and made money for the city, instead they called in hired guns! They denied hunters the chance at some good bow hunting and PAID to do it at that!
As I said, congrats on some great hunting!
Old 02-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am with you Frank. Here it is a problem in MN. Just recently they were going to take deer out of this park that is surrounded with houses. They were going to do it with shotguns. Right up to the day they had to cancel because of neighboring houses concerns of flying lead. They were not to aganist the idea of taking some deer out. The solution is so easy. Have bowhunters apply for special permits. These hunters would have to pass an archery accuracy test to obtain these permits. Have the DNR find landowners that want deer taken out. The hunters can setup on this land so Anti's and the general public don't have to see anything. And basically do what G2 is doing. Simple and they make it complicated.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do most my huntin in suburban areas since thats all around here anymore.and it is easier on my old body.But dont be fooled these der aint stupid.

Quick Reply: Suburban Bow hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.