Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tiny Bodied Buck

Old 07-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tiny Bodied Buck

Here is another photo that I got in a different location on a deer trail. What I think is interesting is the small body of the deer in front. Could it just be the angle? This picture is from July 1. I've got to stop setting my camera every 30 seconds(this is getting pricey, but worth it I guess).

Old 07-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tiny Bodied Buck

It could be just the angle. It does look odd , it appears that the bigger racked buck is closer which should make his body look bigger. If indeed he is a younger (smaller bodied) buck with a rack that size he's definately going to be a real trophy in a couple years.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe a pygmy
Old 07-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's gonna be a big boy one day!
Old 07-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Dont be alarmed with the small body/weight. The antlers are what gets you in the Boone & Crockett Club. A few years ago, there was a nice buck taken on the King Ranch here in Texas. The deer field dressed out at a whopping 95 lbs[&o] but the head gear measured 239 and change[:-].

doubleA
Old 07-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

He look's small but he might catch up later .He might end up as heavy or even heavier than the other deer ,they all come in different shapes and sizes just like we do.

nubo
Old 07-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

either hes small or his buddy is a hefty one.....look at the legs in comparision...he just looks like a young deer.....probably his first rack on his head.....or wait......maybe its a fake picture!!! (sorry i had to say it before someone else beat me to it....i have no reason to doubt any pics on here.....or fully trust them....but i dont assume pics are fake like some..that was a joke lol....)
Old 07-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats odd. hopefully that body catches up to the rack some before the season. if not, he will have a nice rack in a couple of years
Old 07-03-2004, 05:45 PM

small , but I'll take him.[8D]
Old 07-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe the bigger one is just a giant.

Quick Reply: Tiny Bodied Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.