Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Monopod that attaches to stand? >

Monopod that attaches to stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Monopod that attaches to stand?

Old 07-13-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Monopod that attaches to stand?

I was watching the Truth 12 and noticed the guys steadying their guns with a monpod that appeared to be attached to the stand. I've seen David Blanton using these too. What are they, where can i get them and for how much?

slayer
Old 07-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Monopod that attaches to stand?

Deerslayer, I just popped in my new DVD of Truth 12 and saw what you're talking about. It is not exactly the same as mine but I think I like mine better from waht I saw. It is made by Gorilla Treestands. I don't have Gorilla stands but the bracket to attach is easily fit or adapted onto any tree stand I'm sure (even homemade one you could screw this too).

It is awesome for long sits. It swivels and adjust it's height. I have my rifle resting almost in shooting position and can have it there for hours as opposed to on my lap (I've had my rifle almost slip off my legs as I am glassing and not paying attention so I used to always have the strap wrapped around my arm). It obviously is better to shoot from as opposed to free hand as well and with the 2 swivel points (at the "y" rest and at the angle bracket on the support) you can move on a deer without taking it out of the rest.

It also is good for hanging a bow. Swivel it right around to your side and have it dropped right down so it out of the way for when you have to shoot.

Here's thier website:
http://www.gorillatreestands.com/

I had my local bowshop order it in no problem.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Monopod that attaches to stand?

The rest used by Blanton is the Level Loc. I've tried for the last few minutes to find their website, no dice.