Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP ! >

"How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Old 07-09-2004, 07:10 AM

Default RE: "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

I'll setup a trail cam for a week and show you guys what Im talking about, it is exactly like I said, a deer highway, but its wierd, some days, there is not one deer, other days youll see 10 of them stroll by in a pack, never a buck with them though, and Ive waited to see if any follow, but they never are.
It's almost like Ive hit the deer nunnery...
Old 07-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

I would go back in the thick stuff and beat out a spot. Then start feeding them that were the big boy's will be. Is this land in Union County? I would be glad to help thin them out if you need help.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:19 AM

Anson county RIGHT on the border !!!
Leave your email address man !
Old 07-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with creekhobo. I would head back in as far as I could and find the thickest doghair I could. It sounds like the doe are coming out towards the road while the buck are staying back in. This is exactly what happens around my house. During hunting season all the big boys are secluded to a couple acre plot of thick underbrush and they just won't come out until the season is over. I see herds of does everywhere but few bucks although I know they're there because I see them spotting at night.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:22 AM

well i would first look to the woods surroned by corn fields bc what better place to be that there deer love the thick foilage and it lets them know abt unwanted tresspasers too ...look at the corn fields for entrance and exit points bc like i said this to a deer is there 1st line of security to them and it is also a known fact that deer live within a 1/2 mile of a good water supply thier entire life and it looks like there is plenty of water there to substain them ... and have u ever thought abt food plots ..?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:33 PM

Food plots? It is 75 acres of corn, and 50 acres of Soy Bean, THOUSANDS of acorn trees and 3 ponds total.
Food plot???
Old 07-09-2004, 02:13 PM

Good god man!!! That place looks like a honey hole!! I see so many natural funnels, water, fields etc... I'd go broke buying enough stands to put everywhere. I see about 10 funnels right off the bat. And I didn't even look that hard. And you say really thick stuff that the big boys bed in? Buy that land up!! lol
Old 07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Looking at that area makes my mouth water. Looks like good ground to me, as far as you can tell from a picture. Does the lack of deer sightings at the north end mean there aren't many deer up that way, or that, since your entry appears to be down at the south end, you just don't get clear up there to the top/north? Because to me, that north end looks like where I'd start my efforts. First, because it's farthest from the access point. Second, because it appears that by far the biggest chunk of unfragmented woods is on the north, heading clear off the map to the NW. For those two reasons, both having to do with hideability and remoteness from hunting pressure, I'd bet the bigger bucks in your area are holing up in that large woodlot on the NW. There's a thin cover funnel coming down out of the "big woods" running basically to the SE. You've got a single sighting marked right at that point. For me, that's the area I'd zero in on for a stand.

P.S. I reserve the right to be way off base in anything I just said!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:05 AM

Hoopy, check your private messages.

-Rob
Old 07-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

All I can say is WOW! Excellent ariel and nice key. Looks like you got a nice spot there man. It is no nunnery if the herd flourishes like that. There are probably a few bad boys just hanging back in the thick $hit.

Hey HOOPY how did you get that ariel photo and draw on it like that?

Nice spot i would set up about 50 yards in the woods by the deer highway, and during rut let some does pass maybe and see what follows, come rut the bucks will move from the cover and chase the ladies.

Nice spot hoop

Jim

Quick Reply: "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.