Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many use a lure

Old 07-07-2004, 03:51 PM

Default How many use a lure

What kind of lures do you use and have you had good luck with it? Even tell us about the brands you have used without any luck what so ever.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:42 PM

Default RE: How many use a lure

I dont think brand amounts to squat. I have had better success using a spray doe pee over a wick or just pouring it in a film canister. In my opinion, any good estrous doe urine in a spray bottle will work great, as long as there is a buck close enough to smell it.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

First, understand there is a difference between scents and lures. Scents are catagorized into 3 types- food, territorial, curiousity. Food being apple or corn or some other type of food smell. Territorial- buck urine, tarsal gland, toe musk. Curiousity- doe in heat, doe pee. Lures are grunt calls, esterous bleats, rattling horns, etc. Mix the right scent with the right lure at the right time and you'll make lifetime memories.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a big beleiver/user of sex scents. I have used Tinks 69 with good results but mostly use Buck Stop. I do not use Buck urine or food scent as I have in the past & have had negative reactions. I have never had a Deer(buck or doe) spook from a sex scent. I "DO" lay scent trails around & to my stand & have had more deer (does & bucks) walk right to my tree, following my drag. I even have video of a Doe following my exact path & licking my steps where I had some on my boot when I climbed the tree. I have had Bucks walk right to my tree & wonder where the trail went as I was just above them. I have shot Bucks smelling my scent rag at the end of the trail where I put it. I have seen (and filmed) Deer cut my scent trail I have layed & come right to me. I don't leave home without it. I also rattle & grunt/bleet with very good success-not always, but many times. This Buck was shot smelling my scent rag at 15 feet the last week of Oct.. Good luck...

Old 07-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use tinks #69 and will use nothing else but i have a question for everybody, has anyone used a deer decoy and had any luck? i have been wanting to try one but didnt know if i would just be wasting my time.. thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 03:20 PM

for me a decoy has been hit or miss but still use one , as far as lure's and scents go i tried rush creek last year and couldnt believe the results

anyone interested in rushcreek check out our website

www.rushcreekdeerlure.com
Old 07-10-2004, 08:07 PM

I use fresh deer pee. not bought out of a store.Hard telling how old and pure it is
Old 07-10-2004, 09:17 PM

I use my 3d archery target for a decoy. I remove the antlers and spray some doe esterous onto it. Seems to work well for bowhunting and shot gun. When i shot gun hunt, i will place it fifty yards upwind of my stand. The deer watch it more closely than looking for anything out of the ordinary. Last year i had a small buck try to mount my decoy. I wish i had my camera with me.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

I use fresh deer pee. not bought out of a store.Hard telling how old and pure it is

That is true I work at a retail sporting good store and come the end of the deer season any scent left over is boxed up and stored then put out the next season.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is true I work at a retail sporting good store and come the end of the deer season any scent left over is boxed up and stored then put out the next season.
That's why you should check out Rush Creek Deer Lure.

Quick Reply: How many use a lure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.