Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Best region to kill record class bucks... >

Best region to kill record class bucks...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best region to kill record class bucks...

Old 07-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best region to kill record class bucks...

Wisconsin
Iowa
Kansas
Illinois
Are the best for TOP end bucks, but as far as Pope and young bucks you can find them just about anywhere and its more about hunting the right property than region. Every year huge bucks come from unexpected places, so you never really know.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry folks, but the best region to bag a trophy whitetail is both sides of the border Texas-Mexico. Lampazos, Anahuac and Nuevo Laredo have the largest bucks I´ve ever seen.

A common deer there will be around 150-160, and the really big ones in Angadi´s Tournament this year were about 197. You have to consider that a minority of the bucks harvested there get into the Angadi tournament.

I have been hunting northern Mexico for 10 years and the smallest deer I ever took there is a 154 3/8 Boone & Crokett.

Take a look at Angadi´s Home Page at www.angadi.com.mx
Old 07-02-2004, 05:44 PM

the only big deer in Texas are shot behind a high fence. Illinois has some great bucks, but they have nothing on Wisconsin. Hell, no state or province has nothing on Iowa. They got the #1 non typical and i predict us shotgunners or maybe a guy shooting stick n string will probably make a run for the #1 typical. we got sheds offa buck from last year.. he was around 205 last year....he was 4 1/2, maybe 5 1/2.....go figure

slayer
Old 07-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

WA7MM. You are in a good region, no dought. Especially for the south.
.....But.... Every year several 200+ inch bucks get shot near my home in Southern Wisconsin, every year I see bucks that go over 200 inchs gross, I filmed one last year. the year before I filmed a 216 inch buck a freind ended up shooting later, both those bucks where on public land. The farm I lease in Buffalo county WI, a guy shot a 197 inch buck. The Midwest is the spot. We might not get along with your Rattle snakes, but you would probably freeze up here. Ha Ha, I would like to experience that kinda hunt at least once though.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Spike

Default Georgia

There have been more B&C deer killed in Georgia than in every state around us combined (Alabama, Tennessee, South Caroilna, North Carolina, and Florida). Most of those have been taken in a rather small area in South Georgia near the Flint river. The area is a perfect mix of abundant food, flourishing agriculture, long growing seasons, lots of timber, quality deer manangement, and modest hunting pressure. Deer season last for 4 months. When combined with great duck hunting, the country's best quail hunting, the country's best turkey hunting, excellent dove hunting, and great fishing (world record bass is from GA), it makes for a very nice spot for any avid sportsman.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:25 PM

Default RE: Georgia

Iowa has got to be near the top or at the top of anyone's list
Old 07-05-2004, 08:02 PM

[8D] id say green county ohio we have had 2 world class bucks killed here in the last 3 or 4 years ever heard of the beaty buck it was taken just up the road from me in south eastern ohio we have a lot of 160 plus bucks killed every year there are so many there givin out 3 tags this year tryin to get rid of some of the does
Old 07-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

texas has nothing on illinois, wisconsin, and iowa

heres a link to the 4th biggest deer in the world [killed in fulton county illinois]

illinois big deer
Old 07-06-2004, 12:37 AM

texas has nothing on illinois, wisconsin, and iowa

Sorry got to disagree, Texas is the BEST. Its the only place that I will ever hunt for whitetail deer, I aint going nowhere else, why would I?

"the only big deer in Texas are shot behind a high fence."

Please, dont take any cheap shots, you know that statement is 100% false. If your going to say something, atleast make it intellegent.

There are TONS of 160"+ bucks killed in this area each year. The king ranch for example, kills more p&y bucks each year then most counties in other states do. This past season we had 7 bucks taken off the ranch, all of them scored 155" or better, 3 of the bucks scored 170" or better. The "golden triangle" of south Texas is awsome, very few places compare to that area, its kinda like the "arizona strip" of Texas. The famous Los Cazadores deer contest in Cotulla Texas had 263 bucks that scored 160"+ brought in this year(almost all from s. Tx). Now this contest is completly optional and people do it just for fun, they are hoping that there buck is big enough to place and win a prize. Now there is no telling how many more 160" bucks were taken from south texas but not report or entered in any deer contest.

check out these sites, if you want to look at HUGE bucks...

www.colablanca.com

www.freerdeercamp.com

www.loscazadores.com

There are several more, but I cant think/spell there names.

I know there are a ton of good hunting areas through out the country, but s. Texas is special, and I guess because I live and hunt down here I much rather hunt here then anywhere else. Good hunting all, be safe...
Old 07-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Texas is the BEST
So how many of the top ten typical and non typical whitetails were taken in texas?

Quick Reply: Best region to kill record class bucks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.