Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

95 days and counting

Old 09-25-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 95 days and counting

LIKE OH MY GOD! WE HAVE 7DAYS LEFT! I didnt think it was ever going to come. I cant wait, i am going to hunt my property in the morning and then head up to highland county on my uncles for a evening hunt. I plan on shooting a doe on opening morning though just to get some meat and fill the freezer and get the twitch i had all year outta my system! Good luck Les, and everyone else...........see ya in the woods!

Old 09-26-2004, 06:19 AM

were having deer chilli at the house around noon on opening day bring a bowl with a lid to take some home after your morning hunt
Old 09-28-2004, 03:59 AM

game hunter that seems like a long time we have about 4 days left im going to set up close to a bedding area sat morn and a corn field sat eve
Old 09-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

WEll its almost here les, you going to fallsville? I ll be in brown county in the morning and then ill be in highland county for an evening hunt over some clover! I hope this produces some deer, we will be getting more food plots next year, we want to get the pond in on the property first, so we know where we can plant, but the clover we have should do good this year, not to mention the corn field and soybean field! I plan on shooting a doe on opening day, how about you?

here is a couple toms i took last year.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:53 PM

nice birds mike its started i could hardly sleep last night i had to take friday off to prepare for sat morn ill probly hit fallsville south in the am then about 10 ill head back to wilmington for deer chili then i havnt decided for the pm hunt im settin up on some does but i know some nice bucks are there we found the tracks a really nice wide tall tined 8 pointer runs with the does im going to check and see if they harvasted the corn tomorrow that might change where i set up i set up between a hay field and a corn field in an oak tree its about 60 yards from a bedding area
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 PM

here in ohio we have 95 days till deer season opens
Happy Huntin'

Old 10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well les you got you a 7pt, atleast you got one so far!! You did better than me so far, i just managed to help my buddy take this small doe as you may know. I want some chilli homey!!