Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 every build a bond with a deer >

every build a bond with a deer

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

every build a bond with a deer

Old 06-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default every build a bond with a deer

ive been hunting for 7 years now and nothing better than the challenege of hunting for me. i would hunt this area of my buddys land he owned and all the way through bow and gun season i would see these 3 doe. mother and ur children. i would always see them and i kind of got attatched to them they helped my time pass waiting for that big buck. well anyways muzzleloader season came and me and my buddy were hunting toghther in a ground blind and the 3 does came out and my buddy wanting to put some meat in the freezer and get some of the does of his land took the adult doe. i must admit i was a little sadden, cause after that for the last week of muzzle loader season i didnt have that anticipation of seeing my does as i called them and for that last week i never saw the 2 remaining ones eathier. i got over it after a backstrap dinner my buddy prepared, but i just wondered if anyone every had anything similiar attachment to the ones we hunt.

GOOD HUNTING
Old 06-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: every build a bond with a deer

I've loved evry deer that I've ever seen ... on my plate . Deer ain't dogs son .
Old 06-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a doe on my property a few years back that only had (1)one eye! I saw her all summer,fall right up to doe season,I didn't have the heart to shoot her that year and she made it through the winter. That springI saw her with a fawn... In the fall,she got hit by a car not to far from my home...
Old 06-22-2004, 03:34 PM

I hunt this one section of land that some people live on. Its only about 10 acres, so the family see the deer quite a bit and feed them and everything else. Well, for a while they were all cute, till this buck started nocking over her bird feeder and tearing up there porch. They still like to see all the deer, just not as attached. I personally never got attached to one. As for them, i told them to just put collars on the ones they didnt want me to shoot. lol.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have deer around my home all the time & never even think about shooting a Doe. I had 3 Bucks by my Deer target 2 days ago & one is a big 4 point right antler & a tree stump with limbs all over the left (non-typical). I had seen him right at the end of the season last year-ONE TIME. I just e-mailed my buddie & said he would get it this year if he is still around Bowseason. I do plan on taking a Doe with a antlerless tag this year but only because I feel there are getting to many for this small area to be healthy. Son & Daughter will try for one also.
good luck this season to all.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:12 PM

yeah , bonded for about 3 seconds , then I shot him
Old 06-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea , last spring there was one buck that i would go watch nightly eat out of the biologic , i dubbed him " the wide one" as he had a nice wide rack ... when season came we saw him a few times at dusk in the field still , on the way out of the woods , the deer wont run out of the field , and we dont hunt near it! but nehow , my buddy hit a buck and we were searching for it and i found the sickest thing , the wide one , half rotten with a perfect arrow wound right behind the shoulder , and a tree stand maybe 50 yards away , i still cant figure out how they couldnt of found this animal with the shot that was on it
Old 06-22-2004, 07:28 PM

i have had some does and bucks that we named and i seen a lot and kinda enjoyed.

there were a group of triplets that i called the three stooges. they kinda were a little unwise. i couldve shot em over a dozen times each
Old 06-22-2004, 08:41 PM

There were these two fawns and a doe i watched almost every nite, they would come out from this pasture line fence like clockwork. They're kinda neat to watch. I'll have to get back there one of these nites and see if the fawns had their own fawns. I once mistakenly walked up on them, had one at 25 yards but couldnt shoot because of the poor angle. i wouldnt hesitate to kill one of them. Also, theres two bucks i call " The Twins."Thats what they are. watched them through the summer and last i saw them was in november. neither of them died. i had a basket racket i rattled in and then had at full draw a different time that i found dead in march. im waiting for the bugs to clean his skull up so i can hang it in teh basement.

slayer
Old 06-23-2004, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I used to have a doe and her triplet fawns walk by my house on a regular basis. One of the two buttonbucks even looked into the window one Sunday and watched football with me. I couldn't bring myself to shoot any of them.

It was a different story when a buck started tearing up my trees. I told my wife, if I found the one that did that, I'd KILL him!

Quick Reply: every build a bond with a deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.