Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Land management/tree removal question.. >

Land management/tree removal question..

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Land management/tree removal question..

Old 06-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Land management/tree removal question..

All,

A good friend of mine wants to clear out and sell some of the Black Walnut trees on his property. He would like the name of a reputable lumber company that will give him fair market value for the trees and also manage the tree removal over the next couple of years so not to harm the forest and hunting. Does anyone know of a reputable lumber removal company in Ohio that can help him out?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Land management/tree removal question..

I would first contact your local state forester and see if they will help. They may be able to highly recommend a company. Some states limit the amount of services that their employees can do, so it may be necessary to contact a few timber consultants for their help. Be sure if you do to get all agreements in writing, including the cost of their services.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Land management/tree removal question..

just got done with 3 days of tree marking, lol.....i look like a smurf, we have the DOF helping out with ours, i would highly recomend doing what timbercruiser said.....i have one word of advice though.....after everythign is going, have your buddy actually check on them daily and make sure they are doing only what they were contracted to do.....and when they paint the trees, make sure the paint is on both sides and at the top and bottom(from the grass up), the first harvest , the tree guys were taking marked trees, going through orchid territory, that was clearly marked off.....we still have a motorgrater almost 8 months after they were done there from where they were suppose to work the roads because the trucks were destroying them.....just not a good company......