HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   New World Record from Shockey's Camp? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/62855-new-world-record-shockeys-camp.html)

BarnesX.308 06-04-2004 10:50 AM

New World Record from Shockey's Camp?

I heard some talk about a possible world record contenter shot last year by a client of Jim Shockey. I haven't seen anything since? What's up?

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge

cfdjay 06-04-2004 11:20 AM

RE: New World Record from Shockey's Camp?

I havn't heard anything

skeeter 7MM 06-04-2004 11:33 AM

Barnes the deer or rumor your refering to was a 6x6 typical taken by a 16 year old Saskatchewan Boy in October 2003 with a bow. Originally it was stated to be in the range to take over the current Number 1 Archery Typical with a score of 206 1/8, but upon official panel scoring after the 60 day period it feel short @ 203 3/8 to become the #2 Typical taken with the bow in the world. This deer was taken near Debden, Sask, which is close to where Shockey has one of his camps but not by any of his clients.

The deer is featured in the most recent issue of Big Buck Mag - Spring 04 (Titled: "Typically Saskatchewan" by Hubert Collins).

Bugeaters 06-04-2004 12:36 PM

still sounds like a dang good deer to me!! :D

kshunter 06-04-2004 02:14 PM

Anybody have a pic?

BarnesX.308 06-04-2004 06:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. That is an awesome buck. To by shot by a kid with a bow is even more remarkable.

portable ladder 06-05-2004 09:50 AM

would like to see a picture

Carpmaster 06-07-2004 09:20 PM

i sure wouldnt care if it fell shy of the record....heck of a buck!!!!!

nubo 06-08-2004 05:24 PM

Well did they or didn't they?

nubo

skeeter 7MM 06-08-2004 09:39 PM

Barnes the deer or rumor your refering to was a 6x6 typical taken by a 16 year old Saskatchewan Boy in October 2003 with a bow. Originally it was stated to be in the range to take over the current Number 1 Archery Typical with a score of 206 1/8, but upon official panel scoring after the 60 day period it feel short @ 203 3/8 to become the #2 Typical taken with the bow in the world. This deer was taken near Debden, Sask, which is close to where Shockey has one of his camps but not by any of his clients.

The deer is featured in the most recent issue of Big Buck Mag - Spring 04 (Titled: "Typically Saskatchewan" by Hubert Collins).
Nubo no they didn't harvest any deer near the record at Shockey's camps! Above is my response to Barnes, a lot of rumors surround this deer and Shockey was included, as mentioned it turned out to be a 16 year old local who harvested what now officially is #2 Typical with a bow. Only ties to Shockey was he went to view and try for the story, it also happens to be close to one of his camps..in an eggshell that is the jist of how this rumor started.