Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How long did it take you to tag your 1st deer? >

How long did it take you to tag your 1st deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How long did it take you to tag your 1st deer?

Old 05-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How long did it take you to tag your 1st deer?

I killed my first deer during my first season at age 12.The deer was a mature doe and the rifle was a model 94 in 30-30.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:26 PM

I shot my first deer 30 minutes into my first hunt. It was the very first time I had ever been deer hunting. It was a decent 127" 8 pt buck, I was 6 years old.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I was 18 and had been hunting for a few years. It was a trophy spike shot during gun season. I had also hurt my knee in football season and was still wearing a splint.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:57 PM

I had been hunting for about 7-8 years with my dad. On June 9/2002, I broke my femur racing motocross. I was on a bed/wheelchair for the whole summer. Then in October I went moose hunting (by my self this time) and seen my first moose while hunting them, a bull. Unfortunately, we had no tag. Then on the deer hunt in November, three does (two yearlings) came to me on a drive, on my second shot one of them dropped, I was using the model 1100 12 guage my dad had just bought me and one of the buckshot pellets connected with the does neck. I had a good year in 2002 (hunting). I think god knew I was pretty ripped off the rest of the year..
Old 05-25-2004, 12:17 AM

For me to tag my first deer it took about 3 days of hunting
Old 05-25-2004, 12:53 AM

it was the second to last day of my first season, so 2 wks
Old 05-25-2004, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Second season.....13 years old.....doe!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was my 3rd season, I was 16 yrs. old took a spike with a 12ga. Ithaca Deerslayer in Roscoe NY. I remember as if it was yesterday, my father was so happy. I wanted to surprise him with the deer, so i gutted it myself, had no idea at the time what I was doin, I had so much blood on me, and when my father saw me he thought I shot myself!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first season I went archery hunting was out here in Kansas, I arrowed a doe. The first season I went rifle hunting, which was about 6th grade, and got a small 8ptr.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

First deer? I should say my first two deer....When i was fifteen i just got back from bradenton beach florida, and my uncle was taking me opening day, which was back then nov 28,1994-gun season in ohio opened up early then, now its first week of december..but that is another subject. My uncle sat me down and said they could come in any direction and wouldnt ya know it at 9:30 3 doe's come up to the right and behind me, i slowly turned inch by inch until i was on one knee and aiming at the first doe's chest, and bam the shot-gun went off and they about ran right over me. Being the novice i was i thought i missed because they took off running. So i sat down very dissapointed and all of a sudden here come two more does ran right in front of me and a 4pt.buck, he stopped right in front of me he was so close i didnt even aim, i just gave him a john wayne special from the side of the hip, and down he went!! My uncle hearing the shots came to check on his newfound hunter walking along the same trail as the first doe i thought i missed and he said i see you shot one, i said no he is over here, he said there is a big splotch of blood right here. So i told him what happend and we recovered the doe only 40yds away, he vowed if i were to ever do that again i would be walking home,lol. One thing i learned is never cost my uncle tony a deer tag! Sorry for so long, just brought back a vivid memory, thanks.

"ALWAYS LEAVE THE WOODS WITH SOMETHING"

Quick Reply: How long did it take you to tag your 1st deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.