Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my treelounge today

Old 06-09-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Got my treelounge today

Hey everyone i got my tree lounge yesterday and i LOVE it ...but i still have to get used to it. Cant wait to use it
Old 06-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got my treelounge today

Did you get a brand new "new style" or did you get a used "old style" one? Seems like everybody either loves them or hates them. I guess you're about to find out first hand how you feel about them. I like mine (old Style). Good luck.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

they look confortable good luck with it
Old 06-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that. They are way to cumbersome for stealthy hunting. Every deer in the woods can hear you assembling the darn thing. I through mine in the garbage. My Ol'Man climber is 1000 times better and just as comfortable.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Browning_1

Sorry to hear that. They are way to cumbersome for stealthy hunting. Every deer in the woods can hear you assembling the darn thing. I through mine in the garbage. My Ol'Man climber is 1000 times better and just as comfortable.
Oh contrare, I've had deer come right under my Treelounge within minutes of climbing up the tree!
Granted, they do take a little practice, but once you learn to use it, they can be set up quietly and quickly!
They are very comfortable and very safe too.
I hear that the old ones are better than the new model though!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:39 AM

I wish i could find one in the trash!

And the last statement about ol man being more more comfortable i couldnt disagree more! my friend has one and i have been in it a few times now way i would buy one!

and what could be more stealthy than being comfortable and not fidgeting around cause your tree is to small to keep the cables out of your side!

man i am going to have to be on the lookout for folks that throw away tree lounges i couldnt be that lucky cause there ain't many that would do THAT!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, It's my opinion. I have used a ton of different stands and although the tree lounge is comfortable it is a pain in the butt. I hunt some big tracks of woods in Northern WI that are sometimes as far back as 2 miles on foot. Bobbing and weeving through the brush was not much fun with the Tree Lounge. I have the Ol'Man with the detachable leg/shooting rest. Long hikes I leave it in the truck. I'm 6'3" 250# and the Ol Man is very comfortable for long sits. IMHO all the tree lounge is good for is taking naps.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

and what could be more stealthy than being comfortable and not fidgeting around cause your tree is to small to keep the cables out of your side!
They came out with spreader arms for small trees. WORKS GREAT!
Old 06-11-2004, 07:23 PM

One way to keep it quiet is to put the stand up the night befor.... then when u go in the morning u just climb up as quiet as possible and it works mirricles.... But im only using this for gun season for bow season im using a treesadle by trophyline designed by a dear friend of mine would should check it out.... www.trophylineusa.com
Old 06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
crc

I JUST LIKE TO HUNT ON THE GROUND IN BUSHES OR SOMTHING.SOUNDS INTRESTING THOUGH CAN I RENT ONE SOMWHERE?

Quick Reply: Got my treelounge today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.