HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   how many times have u shot a deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/61081-how-many-times-have-u-shot-deer.html)

mattisbob 05-10-2004 09:30 AM

how many times have u shot a deer

how many times have u shot a deer i was wonding im not talking about when its 1/2 alive and u shoot it in the head thank you and i know i cant spell

timbercruiser 05-11-2004 08:23 PM

RE: how many times have u shot a deer

I thought he meant how many deer have you shot, harvested?

Gobbling Buck 05-11-2004 11:00 PM

I've shot a couple twice, but never more than twice. I've missed and shot more than 2 rounds at deer, but never had to hit one more than twice to put it down.

Christine B 05-12-2004 10:37 PM

Please lets keep it to how many deer have you shot....not how many times have you shot a deer! If I see any more posts such as the ones deleted this will be locked and emails sent to those that seem to take pride in target practice on live animals. Not to sound Peta-ish at all....but some of those posts there was simply no excuse for!

bigtyme 05-15-2004 01:35 AM

Only had to shoot one twice in twenty years

hntngirl 05-15-2004 02:57 AM

I've never had to shoot a deer more than once. Always make your first shot count!

Brampton Mike 05-15-2004 05:28 AM

:D One shot......one kill!!!!!!!!!!;) Brampton Mike[8D]

huntnma 05-15-2004 09:40 AM

i agree..........one shot , one kill, make the first one count.....

TURKEY FAN 05-15-2004 10:19 AM

Ive shot at a deer and missed with a bow, and was lucky enough to knock another arrow and make the second one count, i seen jeff foxworthy shoot at a buck three times with a muzzle loader!!!!!!! Boy was he lucky..

"ALWAYS LEAVE THE WOODS WITH SOMETHING"

Big Guy01 05-18-2004 08:47 AM

Three times! I was in my tree stand and a nice 9 pt buck walked past me broadside at about 35 yds. I was using a Marlin .444 lever with a 1.5-4 scope. I let the buck walk into a clear spot in the brush and put the cross hairs just behind the crease in the front leg 1/3 way up the body. I pulled the trigger , boom, the buck just kept walking? No reaction , I figured that I must have missed ( deflection by a branch?) so I ligned up the cross hairs again boom , still no reaction. The buck continued to walk without breaking pace for about 20 yds and then stopped. I fired a third shot at which he went down. When I went over to field dress him he had 3 holes in the chest all the shots were fatal. To this day I don't know how that buck didn't even flinch when hit with close to 3000 Ft/lbs of energy each time.