Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to silence noisy atv

Old 02-17-2002, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default How to silence noisy atv

I am sure this has been debated, but does anyone know how i can make my polaris atv a little more quiet?

On my deer lease, they tend to spook a lot of game and thought the exhaust is a big factor.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to silence noisy atv

You might try a different muffler ,Thats about all I could think of .I have noticed while riding my atv that the deer don't pay to much attention to a atv unless it shuts off . Just don't ride into an area you want to hunt .
Old 02-17-2002, 08:26 PM

don't crank it.!!!!!!!!!

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tealboy I put an chrome exhaust extention on
Kawasaki painted it black and noticed the
noise dropped a lot. It was about 8 inches
long didnt cost that much worked for me!
Old 02-17-2002, 10:17 PM

I've heard of someone taking 6 feet of 3/4" flexible metal conduit (the kind you run electrical wires through) and clamping it to the exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler. They coiled up the conduit and wired it up out of the way. They said it almost totally eliminated exhaust noise and all you could hear was the whir of the transmission and some valve noise. I haven't tried it myself but it sounds like it might work.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:00 PM

the deer on my leases are so used to atv's they really dont pay attention. i have driven up to feeders and had the deer just go off a little ways and look. today we were riding and saw 15 on wheelers. they get used to them now if i shut it off they will go. i have a friend who kills deer everyyear from his wheeler. ride more.its fun anyway.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:56 AM

You may want to check with Polaris before you alter the exhaust. By modifying it you could increase the back pressure on the valves. It may damage the engine.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Leave it at home or in the truck, I am 48 and in my opinion unless you are disabled there is no reason you can not walk back in a mile or two. I can see ATV's where there are no real roads and you want to go in 3 or more miles, but to ride an ATV for a mile to go to your stand is lazy. I know I will catch some flak for this, but so be it. What is wrong with walking in? I though part of hunting was getting in touch with nature, not riding ATV's.

The Tazman
Old 02-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: How to silence noisy atv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.