Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Talk about long-range shooting...read this >

Talk about long-range shooting...read this

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Talk about long-range shooting...read this

Old 02-23-2004, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Talk about long-range shooting...read this

We shot 50 shots one day at a buck and as far as I know that sucker's still out there,'' John says.
The fact that one of these "SLOBS" can make a comment like this openly to a reporter and not realize the unethical nature of taking shots from so far away that you miss 50 out of 50 times is unreal and tells me that this guy either has no respect at all for the game he hunts or is an idiot. Probably both. I wonder how many legs these A-holes have blown off doing this. If the deer is so far away that you can completely miss 50 times then any one of those shots could have maimed it as well. Unlike some of the others here I have no reservations about blasting idiots like this. These are the goobers that give us all a bad name.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Totally irresponsible and unethical ! Makes us all look bad ! [:@] [:@] [:@]
Old 02-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

but each to their own
Not to take a cheap shot at you bambikiller6 and I know where you're coming from but I just think we have to stop thinking like this. There are somethings that while technically legal are just unethical as hell. And its okay to completely condemn these things. If a man demonstrated that he could make a first shot kill from this distance consistently thats one thing but when a man is capable of missing 50 times from a certain distance yet he keeps going out and shooting at deer from that distance...well, I'm sorry but that guy is just an unethical P O S. The guys in that article aren't hunting...they're playing. Targets were made for playing, not deer.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is absolutely nothing good that I could say for these slobs! They are certainly not hunters, and very unethical at the least!
Old 02-23-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on of those guys that typically will defend others rights to hunt any legal way they see fit, this though, I cannot defend.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

...well, I'm sorry but that guy is just an unethical P O S. The guys in that article aren't hunting...they're playing. Targets were made for playing, not deer.
I agree..do these guys even bother to go down to where the deer stood and check for blood or other obvious signs of a hit...I cannot defend what they do either its playing with an animal
Old 02-23-2004, 07:22 AM

It's morons like this who give hunting a bad name. I believe our quarry deserves a lot more respect than this.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:06 AM

John, who has hunted deer from long distance for 30 years, knows better.

Because of the touchiness of the subject, the Mifflin County hunter asked that his real name not be printed.
Smartest thing this guy has done was not sharing his name. No, We don't think you have anything to hide John. Nothing at all to hide John Doe. (no pun intended)
Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

I'll say that 99.9% of deer hunters out there have no business shooting anywhere beyond 400 yards, if that far.

I'm a former USMC expert rifleman, almost set the new Corps' shooting record one day in '88. (I'm really not that good, and it would have been a fluke, but I was hot that day.) Thus, I have experience shooting at 500 yards, but on big game I consider my max range to be 300 yards. Long range shooting may be great for putting lead into an enemy on a battlefield, but in my opinion has no place in the ethical harvest of a game animal.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll say that 99.9% of deer hunters out there have no business shooting anywhere beyond 400 yards, if that far
I would say it's alot shorter than that

Quick Reply: Talk about long-range shooting...read this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.