Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sheds anyone????

Old 02-18-2004, 05:08 PM

Default sheds anyone????

was wondering if anyone out there has found any sheds yet??? I live and hunt in missouri. Have found one shed but have also seen several bucks with their horns.....Hopefully I have some blood brothers out there from Missouri that can give me some info ..... thanks
Old 02-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: sheds anyone????

been out 5 or 6 times in NY haven't found any. A little too much white stuff here.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:24 PM

i been out lookin for em twice down here in florida and have found one. Some of them are still wearin their horns, though.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:01 PM

Havent found any in Pa either
Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

I posted in the Northeast regional forum, but I'll post here too, I got so lucky I can't contain myself!! This last sunday my 8 year old daughter and I went for a walk near the house trying to located sheds in areas that I've found them by accident before. It usually goes that when I'm looking for sheds I can never find them, but when I'm scouting or turkey hunting I find them by accident. Well that changed this last weekend!

We found 3 sheds from 3 different bucks within a fifty yard radius, and found them all within a 10 minute time period, talk about shocked. It appearred the deer have been hanging around this particular area becuase it has a good amount of acorns and beechnuts on the ground, the winter here has been tougher and colder than usual. Two of the sheds were 4 points each, and the other one was a 3 point. I'm looking forward to hunting these bad boys in the fall, it's good to know that two decent bucks made it through the season. We'll be going back again after this snow melts from the recent storm and try to locate the other sides. I'll be sure to bring my little girl with again, she's pretty good luck!!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

The weather and amount of snow has made it tough to get around in certain areas. Couple that with some deer are still hanging onto them, still managed to find over a dozen, mostly dinks but have a 150 class matcher set and my best a nontypical that scores 94"..so I am pleased[8D]
Old 02-19-2004, 11:09 AM

Im here in PA and didnt find any yet.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Spike

Schuykill I'm over near Pittsburg and I've been out a few times shed hunting this year.To date I've only found 1 shed but I have seen hundreds of deer in the last 2 weeks and not a single deer had horns.So they are deffinetly dropping here I plan to be out looking hard on sat and sun.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the info shedman6o That gives me something to look forward too. Its no fun looking if they didnt drop them yet [:'(]
Old 02-21-2004, 08:23 PM

picked up 15 so far this year until the big snow fall hit. It will be end of april before the snow is gone so i can get out lookin again.....no huge sheds yet so far bigest set this year was around a 150 deer and lots of small 4 pointers and such. Hopefully when the snow leaves i can get out there and find a pile.

Quick Reply: sheds anyone????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.