Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Tracker Cameras

Old 02-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Game Tracker Cameras

What are some of the better game tracker cameras and what are some to avoid. My dad just bought one at Cabelas (This one is a Game-View. It is digital) and I was wondering if we should expect good things. I hope so, it was $399. I looked at some pictures in the little view finder (it came from the factory with a couple of pictures on it)and they were kind of fuzzy. I'll find out what kind and post later.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 02-17-2004, 06:55 PM

Default RE: Game Tracker Cameras

ive got a stealth cam (i think it is an mc-2). It was only $65.00 but it has worked very well. The pictures are very clear and the time or date is stamped on them. The only way i would think of spending more money on a camera would be one that is digital.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

I got a couple of the Stealth cams for Christmas. Just developed my first rolls of film. They worked as expected even in the wet and icy weather we've had in NC. Check them out...

http://www.advanceddesignsinc.com/RN...%20Gallery.htm
Old 02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I picked up one of the Stealth cameras for $54 and it takes pictures as good as some of my friends high priced cameras. They are so good one of my friends ordered 3 more from Redhead catalog.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This one is a Game-View. It is digital.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 02-18-2004, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

The only problem I see is the price. I would be really ticked off if some lowlife swiped,shot or otherwise vandalized my $60 camera . I would go ballistic if I had spent $300 on a digital one. You must be carefull on who has access to the property where it is located. As I hunt on public land setting one of these out is like setting a case of beer on top of the trunk of your car and walking away. It won't stay there very long, too many low life bums out there.IMHO
Old 02-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

3,000 acres of private land surrounded by about 30,000 acres of state game land with no road access within several miles of the boundary line. Quite remote. Most opening days of buck season I don’t see another hunter all day. We leave our treestands (climbing and ladder) out from October through January. We’re not too worried about theft. We won’t leave it up all season, though, just in case.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Thats great. I had some trouble a couple of years ago and so did a few other people it seems our stands just unhooked themselves and walked away. I think who ever did this has matured or left the area or has given up hunting. We don't see very much any more.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:54 PM

I had two of the 65.00 stealth cams the pictures it took was great but some low life stole one and so now during the off season I am going to buy one or two more and build a metal box that I can lock to the tree you cant beat that camera though for 65.oo
Old 02-18-2004, 02:22 PM

I have a Stealth too, I haven't heard a lot of good things about the Game-Vu. Most people say the pics are fuzzy and not real high quality.

Quick Reply: Game Tracker Cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.