Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

man i love the woods

Old 02-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: man i love the woods

nothing better....
Old 02-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I hear ya. Its my home away from home. I'm not really big of hiking in the snow so once its gone, you can bet I'll be back in it.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

i agree, i almost enjoy scouting as much as hunting itself!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:47 AM

man i love the woods too here are a couple of my fav places in my timber

skidder trail out to a point that has a great view

and a east facing hillside that the turkeys love to roost on in the spring

Old 02-20-2004, 04:37 PM

i must take ur side deerhunter1224
Old 02-20-2004, 06:23 PM

I grew up in the sticks and for some reason I began to take it for granted until I left for college when I was about 19. Now I live outside of Baltimore and I like nothing better to get outdoors and soak it all in... There are too many people here in one spot!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: savage.308

You all are feeling what the Native Americans once felt on nearly a daily basis. Now that would be living. I can also see how it must have been pretty tough having to give that up and assume a more "civilized" lifestyle. Are we really heading in a better direction? To go back and sit round the campfire with Jeremiah Johnson or Jim Bridger a couple hundred years ago that would be living.
Any one of us can choose where we want to live and if a person truley wants to live like Grizzly Adams than there are plenty of places that exist out west and in Alaska, B.C., where one can persue that life and not ever be found. You choose not to live in the bush because you like your comfort zone and the finer things of life . From day one when we are born we are drilled to get a good education, get a good career, get married and have kids and live happily ever after. Bull Crap !!! I wonder how many would just walk away from that comfort zone, job, retirement, friends and ect to persue it? Well, I did It 8yrs ago and lived in B.C. for four years off the grid. Fetched water and bucked up wood and made a root cellar there out of cedar, it was a hard way of making a living. ..I enjoy having electricity now and I like being comfortable but I really enjoy having running hot running water at my finger tips, but I also like the idea that I live 75 miles to the nearest traffic light too. Geez, sorry didn't mean to ramble on, I guess kabin fever settin in. Bobby
Old 02-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Being out in the woods is like regaining your sanity, its the best place in the world to catch back up with yourself.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

I truly love being in the woods. I got to go shed hunting/turkey scouting earlier in the week and it was a much needed stress reliever.
On rare occasion, my wife points out that I'm getting grumpy and need to head to the woods.
I'm much more relaxed after time spent outdoors.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:28 PM

is grizzly adams a movie? if so I'll rent it cause I am very interested in people living in the woods and roughing it and what not. I sometimes wish I could live at my hunting camp out in the bush, or be an indian or something..

Quick Reply: man i love the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.