Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

i have a set of horns ..

Old 01-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default i have a set of horns ..

i have a set of horns fro, the first buck i shot an 8 pointer the skull plate is still ion the horns do u reccomend doing anything to these horns cause i wanna do somethin cause it was my first buck

http://www.whitetails.com/art354.html
here is my second buck that is way way bigger then the 8 but i should have his mount back in march
Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i have a set of horns ..

i would just mount them on a board or on a mounting kit. there is only 1 first buck. a friend of mine cut his antlers up and made buttons on his hunting gear, a knife handle, and a hat band for his cowboy hat he wears. i asked him why he did that, and he said this way he has his first buck with him no matter where he goes.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. A mounting kit would be perfect for a first buck. You'll want to treasure that memory forever.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:29 AM

talk to your local taxidermist and see if they have any specialty mounting kits that would interest you but definitely have it mounted....
Old 01-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go on the first!!! There are alot of things you can do with mounting them if you use your imagination. Go to the bow hunting forum and do a search on anter mounts. There was a thread with quite a few pics you could look at to decide what you like best.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even the Wal-mart has a mounting kit you can get to mount the horns. The guy I take mine to only charges 35.00 so I get him to do all of mine.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:57 PM

If you get a doe you can get them put on her, I know a few people who have done this, looks pretty good.

Or maybe on a jack rabbit
Old 01-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice first buck congrats,i would definately get them mounted,buy a kit or do them yourself.A good taxidermy book will show you how to do it step by step,and maybe get a little more satisfaction looking at them on the wall knowing you done them.Good luck on whichever method you choose
Old 01-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a decent set of first horn's I'd hang em somewhere .

nubo
Old 01-29-2004, 10:49 AM

mount them.

Quick Reply: i have a set of horns ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.