Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Portable Tree Stands...

Old 02-11-2002, 05:17 PM

Default RE: Portable Tree Stands...

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Grand Slams. I'll be checking those out as top priorities. I will be moving my stand probably daily, so a climber would best fit me needs then. I've come from a big family (dad weighs 330, uncle weighs 300 and my grandpa was pretty big too), so that's why I put my weight on here. I don't plan on being 300 pounds, but 250 wouldn't be out of the question. I just want to have a stand that will last me for a while. My neighbor bow hunts, and I'll talk to him about his tree-stands. That idea never came across my mind. But keep your suggestions coming. They really help me out a lot.
I'm not completely sure putting up the stand effected them that much, but that is what I am guessing. The rut may have something to do with it, but I never really paid any attention. This is the first year I have really gotten into scouting and hunting. I actually went out and followed some tracks in the snow earlier this year. I really didn't find much, but it was pretty cool.
~Cody
Old 02-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can find a old Version Treelounge and get the Bow Hunting Adapter. I don't recommend a new version.The old version holds the tree allot better.If I remember right the Old Version is rated for a 280 pound hunter. The new version is 300 pounds.The Treelounges are very comfortable and easy to stay in all day.Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-11-2002, 08:28 PM
Spike

Summit viper extreme xlt. Comes with a body safety harness, is compact, weight= 19 pounds... plus a foot rest and its quiet. Has been an all day stand for me. 269.00 this past fall.. check cabelas/basspro.....