Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

alaska?

Old 01-27-2004, 01:55 PM

Default alaska?

anybodt here live in or hunted in alaska? I want to go there next year and just trying to get a idea about what it will cost for a good hunt and what is the best time to go?
Old 01-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: alaska?

Articbowman and a few others are from up there.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:27 PM

Nitro,

Go down to the "regional forums" and ask that question again, I'm sure
you will get good responses from our Alaska Friends.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hay nitro23 i was in alaska in the first week of sept. not hunting just having fun. but i did stop in a few places and check some prices and it all matters on what part of alaska your wanting to go to and what game your wanting to hunt. some places you have to fly into or boat in. most outfitters will help you! when i was there we were about two miles from a huge carbo heard.But like i sead it all depends on where you want to go and what you want to hunt.BLACKBEAR BROWNBEAR.GRIZZLY.CARBO.MOOSE. MT.SHEEP.ECT.sorry cannot give you prices.i think you will just have to
Old 01-27-2004, 07:40 PM

My wife was born and raised there, and I got to go year before last, to SE Alaska for a spring black bear hunt, it was awesome and if you get the chance you really should go. It was the greatest trip Ive ever been on. Got a big bear (barely missed B&C), and caught some huge salmon, not to mention the scenery and other wildlife we saw while we were there. Cant really say how much youll spend, cause I dont know what you want to hunt, and I didnt go with an outfitter, we got lucky and was invited by a freind of my father in law.