Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My bad luck..........

Old 01-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default My bad luck..........

Well, got it again.[:'(] Friday morning (I had to work Friday), my mother in law called and said her brother had killed a huge buck out of my shooting house. He was a big 7pt (typical 8 with a broken brow tine) and weighed 177#'s field dressed. Man that was a good 'un around here. Anyway, being this is my first year to hunt with all my in-laws, I think they thought I'd be upset and wanted to rub it in a little. But I called him up and got all the details and congradulated him on a nice buck (and I meant it). I'll be going tomorrow and the next day and then I'll finish the season Friday and Sat. Hope I get to see a deer. I don't have to top his to be happy, but I may get him to drag it out for me. ........Hey, I gotta get somethin' out of the deal.[:-]
Old 01-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My bad luck..........

i hunt some of the same places & stands as my brothers when 1 of us gets a deer we help find it & drag it if need be we dont care who shoots the big 1
Old 01-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

GB, That's a great attitude to have. It gets pretty bad when the in-laws get lucky enough to take the nice one that you have been looking for.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:52 AM

[8D] Someone had to get the dink. Now the all clear is in effect for the Buck of the Woods to arrive when you are present. Good luck Gobbling Buck. I'll be praying to the WHITETAIL GOD tonight for your success.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great attitude GB!
I'm glad to see you are not giving up either!
My hunting buddy and I have shared all our stands for years, and we've never had any problems or jealousies (sp?)
And often one of us has killed a bigger buck than the first one, from the same stands! So good luck, and go get 'em!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:29 PM

I'm a happily married man, but I've always thought that getting a nice buck is like getting a girlfriend... They always come along when you're least expecting them!

Good luck!