Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 last day of season guess what happend ? >

last day of season guess what happend ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

last day of season guess what happend ?

Old 01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Spike

Default last day of season guess what happend ?

I just got home from a one week hunt in liberty mississippi I didnt kill a deer one while i was there or all this year for that matter. I get home and im unpacking my guns and cloths and my girlfriend calls and says she is on her way to my house to visit. Not even 5 munites after she calls and says she is on her way she calls back and is freaking out saying she hit a deer 10 munites up the road from my house. So she pulls into the drive way and i go look at the car and there is no damage at all no blood nothing. I asked her you sure its not a dog you hit ? She says no babie im sure it is a deer its a doe cause it dont have any horns. So i tell her to get in im gonna go see if i can see her on side the road. Well i get to the spot where she said she hit her and sure enough a big doe laying in the ditch about 120 lbs. I though she was dead so i go to look to see how bad off she was and she jumps up and begand to run staright at me. I move out the way and then i noticed her left hine leg was broke so i caught up with her and realized her ribs were broke and her guts were busted so i cut her throaght. Then i came home and got my truck and went back and picked her up then i brung her home and cleaned her so i ended the season with some meat in the frezer after all and a shook up girlfriend.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:16 PM

Default RE: last day of season guess what happend ?

That is a true sportsman! that is how people should handle road kill. I say this because I have done that with a fawn and used up my doe tag for it. I would have rather had more meat, but hey I did what I though and still think was right.
Congrats!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:19 AM

good deal and a great story, tell your girlfriend congrads. on hitting the deer
Old 01-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

good thinkin. glad it didnt go to waste. congrats.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:01 AM

I guess you could say your girlfriend put on a Deer drive for you. Sounds as though she avoided too much damage which is good. If I were you I'd teach her to shoot a gun or bow. Bullets and arrows are much cheaper that insurance deductibles.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Spike

I think she will be in the deer woods this year without the car. Hopefully she will be as accurate with a gun as she was with her car.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

It's always nice to fill the freezer. In Louisiana, do you actually have to tag a road kill deer? Here in Nebraska, if we hit a deer with a vehicle, all that we have to do is to contact the State Patrol or Sheriff's office. They come out and look at it to make sure that it is dead, or about dead, and then they give you a paper to take it to the processor. Makes it so much easier and it doesn't use up a tag either.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:57 AM

[8D] Glad the freezer is filled and the girl friend was unhurt.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:06 PM

good thinking, congrats on getting some meat.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:31 PM

sucks here in Illinois no one can cause the death of any deer injured in a vehicle accident, either wait for it to die (and suffer) or call the dnr to come out and put it out of its misery (wait while it suffers) its good to hear you didnt let the deer go to waste.