Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

freakin me out!

Old 01-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default freakin me out!

The first thing i do after getting a deer is to cut off it's tongue. I just CAN"T STAND those pictures of a majestic, regal whitetail with its tongue hangin' out of its mouth like it's been on a 3 day drinking bender!!!

Am i the only guy that does this? ALOT of people seem to , like, take pride in the tongue hanging out thing when i mention it to them.
yeah, you can tell it's the off-season but i just wanted to vent.

see ya!
moose[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][:@]!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:02 PM

Default RE: freakin me out!

i just stick it back in the mouth, no big deal.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I harvest my first big buck, I plan on taking pictures with the tongue inside and out. It does look kind of goofy with it hanging out, but it's good to have a laugh and then put it back in. I wouldn't mount a deer like that.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally , it doesnt bother me , i dont even pay attention to it.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

was told once by someone that takes alot of wildlife pictures you should always stick the tongue back in and try and clean off visible blood for the best pictures
Old 01-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always stick the tongue back in. if the deer is already frozen, i will cut it off i guess. never ran into that yet. pictures do look better w/o a tonge
Old 01-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's something that never crossed my mind. I have noticed it in some of my pictures, but it doesn't bother me.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Stick the tongue back in add a sprig of evergreen as it's last supper and say a thank you prayer to the animal for giving up it's spirit to you.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:55 PM

Not taking anything away from any ones comments. However, In my perspective when harvesting your game ie:deer; and then being overly concerned about its tong hanging out is some what of a moot point.

Does any one patch up the hole in its side, or make sure not to take a picture of the deer with a four foot slice in its abdomend after field dressing it.

The deer as passed and all said and done (dead). Other wise start hunting with a camera.

On the other hand if this practice completes your true respect of this animal I can inturn respect your concerns.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:13 PM

i find if i can it is best to do the pic. before i gut it a lot less blood

Quick Reply: freakin me out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.