Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ? >

Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Old 01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

[8D] A while back there was a lot of talk about a buck killed by Mitch Rampola in Michigan I think with a bow that was supposed to be the world's greatest. But, he refused to have it scored ! Now I only got bits and pieces of this story, coulod some you guys fill me in ?
Old 01-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

If you do a search on here or on yahoo, you will find all the info you could wish for. It's a long story so that would probably be your best bet.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

supposebly, he never had it officially scored bc he signed a deal with milo hanson saying that he will not have it scored until the hanson buck is no longer the #1 typical. Rompola said, "he justs want to be left alone." there is alot of evidence in both directions, yet i only have seen one pic of it, with rompola with the huge beard and holding the buck up. i would like to see some more pics from different angles.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:24 AM
Banned

Excuse me kobear, but aside from a couple of pics exactly what evidence is there out there that supports Rompola??? Listen up folks...Rompola's buck was nothing more than an elaborate marketing scheme hatched up by Dan Bertalan, who is the marketing director for the scent company that was promoting the buck. So if you want to give your money to a company that treated deer hunters like a bunch of suckers they duped, go ahead.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh boy, here we go again [&o].
Old 01-25-2004, 08:06 AM

W.R. you continue to slander him without knowledge of the truth. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but you ought not state them as know-all facts.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

The most important fact is that the buck was never officially scored so all of the stories about it amount to no more than heresay.It might as well not exist.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with White Raven on this one!
To me there would only be one reason not to have the buck scored, and that is because he would do some serious jail time for fraud!
Old 01-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Any time you talk about Rombala's Buck you stir up a hornets nest.
I have read many things about the Guy and HE is not Very good in My mind.
I do also know someone who He used to hunt with and they told him Not to come back to their camp(due to his hunting methods)
But You should read everthing about him and his buck and the facts about it .
I myself don't think very highly of the guy.
I think He tried to get a world record but found out how scutinizing the system can be.
If you read about how highly Unlikely he could have gotten this buck in this area,You can make up your own mind.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:05 PM

Yet no one has proved it a fake.

Quick Reply: Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.