Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ? >

Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Old 01-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Whats your real name? Milo Hansen?

Time to fess up!

Well?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:20 PM

Now WhiteRaven states in writing that the statements he/she makes is THEORY and not fact. There is a huge difference between the two. Stating "theory" as fact probably would seem somewhat dangerous, esp in a courtroom.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Go to google and type in rompola buck and you will get more than you can read about this buck.
Change "can" to want to" and that describes how I feel.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:23 AM
Banned

Ralphie, it would be easy enough to establish facts to back up my theory if I were brought into court. See the thing about the legal system, is if I were ever brought into court I would be allowed every resource available, access to their paperwork, examine the rack, etc etc etc, in order to defend myself. In this case there's a pile of evidence out there somewhere to back me up. I just need a reason to legally access it. So, if I were sued it would give me that reason. And believe me when I tell you I would welcome being dragged into court over this one because I would make a lot of money. Anyone would. The only loser here would be the scent company. S
Old 01-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

So we are just about guaranteed that Ripoffola and the scent company will NEVER sue anyone for libel or slander, because the rack would be exposed as for the fraud that it is!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Spike

Man this one subject can start an arguement pronto.I'm by no means a trophy hunter .I'm a meat hunter.But let me tell you if I killed the new world record you could'nt shut me up.I suspect most deer hunters are the same way.We all have visions of monster bucks the night before opening day.So to kill the new world record and then say or do nothing about it just defies logic.Of course we are all different.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Banned

shedman6o, they said and did plenty until it appeared as though the whole thing was about to blow up in their faces. David Copperfield couldn't have made that rack disappear any faster once a legal challenge had been launched against them. Fact of the matter I have no doubt some enterprising individual will take it upon themselves eventually and get to the bottom of this and make some money for their efforts. Maybe someone here..who knows.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:25 PM

Are we so limited now that we can't express our opinions without having to worry about being dragged in to court? I guess it all boils down to strategic word selection... This (hunting in general and the bbs) is supposed to be fun, guys - lighten up.

A) If I were to say "The whole thing is a fraud" - that could be deemed libel IF the animal in question was in fact proven to be true and valid.

B) If I were to say "I feel the whole thing is a fraud" - that would be my opinion; to my knowledge still protected by the Freedom of Speech.

C) If I were to say "The whole thing is not a fraud" - that could be deemed libel IF the animal in question was in fact proven to be null and void.

As NOBODY is stepping up to the plate to prove - or disprove - "A" or "C" - I guess I'll just choose "B" on this one.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quack, my point is the same as White Raven's! They ain't gonna sue anyone! Because they would then be forced to provide the rack for inspection. Wherin it would be proved to be a fake, and they would be in some serious trouble!

At the beginning, when he first pulled the rack out of sight, some said he did not want the publicity and /or money! However that is just not true, because he WAS promoting it BEFORE fraud was brought into play! When he saw what kind of trouble he could be getting into, he sort of got $hit in his neck, and suddenly did not want a world record and publicity!

I could really care less about him or his buck, other than it gives hunters a bad name, and we need to diligently guard our sport and police ourselves!
Old 01-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is very unfortunate that when someone kills a record deer, or even a good buck on some local scenes, it is usually suspected to be illegal!

However, it is because of frauds like this one and others, (like a guy entering an illegal deer into the Texas Big Game Awards! I think the guy actually did some time, was fined, and now has a criminal record!) that bring ALL hunters into question!

Quick Reply: Mitch Rampola of Michigan buck ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.