Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Preferred Method...

Old 01-12-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Preferred Method...

Now ground rules first! No arguing against other methods, jsut post your favorite method to hunt any biggame animal in North America.

Mine- I prefer to spot-and-stalk or to hike all over the mountain in hopes of an encounter. to me this is not a boring practice and it is a great physical activity.

Play nice....
Old 01-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Preferred Method...

I like to still hunt when the deer aren't moving very much and I like to sit when they are moving.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

My favorite method (for whitetail) is to use a self-climbing treestand with a shotgun or rifle. I just started this year, so I'm working my way up to the more challenging hunting methods.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM

Still hunt. Love the skills involved.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like treestands lol but i havent tried any other method.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:29 PM

i hunt almost exclusivally from up a tree!
Old 01-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I mostly stand/treeclimber hunt. Still hunting and ground stands are great whenever they are possible too! Its a great feeling to have deer walk so close to you that you could touch them! It is just not feasible to ground hunt where I am hunting now!
Old 01-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm partial to the bow hunting from a stand. But I did sit in a homemade ground blind a couple times this year and I must say it was quite an experience. I had a young 6 ptr. 7 feet in front of me. Could have got him but I decided to let him grow. Also had some does in close. I think I'm gonna start doing some more ground hunting. I like the challenge and the intensity of having a deer at eye lever just yards away!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:03 PM

I've stalked a little bit. It's real exciting when you walk up on one sleeping. I like to see how close I can get. Unfortunately, it's usually a doe with a buck in the bushes.....yep, you guessed it "busted!"

I love tree stands though. I have a few set stands, but my favorite is a portable climber. That way you can get way up there and see a ton of action all around you. It's great for taking pictures, afternoon naps too........zzzzzzzzzz

If I know there are hunters in the general area, I'll sit and let them work for me ("good things come to those who wait").

Bn'R
Old 01-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

All of them!!

I really LOVE to stalk when there is snow on the ground.

Quick Reply: Preferred Method...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.