HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   On the hoof, In the truck and on the wall. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/48923-hoof-truck-wall.html)

strut 01-10-2004 09:46 AM

On the hoof, In the truck and on the wall.

Heres a few pictures from one we got in 02, I just got him back from the taxidermist, Note the horn work, I think he did a great job in restoring the horns to there natural look. I had several pictures of him taking during the summer and early fall and thats what the taxidermist worked off of.

j3k2c1 01-10-2004 10:00 AM

RE: On the hoof, In the truck and on the wall.

One word...Beautiful

121553 01-10-2004 10:23 AM

Very impressive and intresting rack, way to go. Bobby;)

KoBear 01-10-2004 10:28 AM

nice work and congrats

Bow-4-It 01-10-2004 11:08 AM

Looks good. Congrats!!! Man that's a tall rack.

young_gun 01-10-2004 11:40 AM

nice buck congrats.

strut 01-10-2004 08:26 PM

Yeah ,he did have a tall rack , not real wide tough just about 16 1/2" inside, he did have a double eye-guard on both sides and some nice long g-2's and 3's.

GroundHunter 01-10-2004 09:01 PM

Oh yea! Excellent!! :D

Rickmur 01-11-2004 04:59 AM

That is so neat to have him on film and be able to restore his looks. He must have had a few confrontations before you took him down. Congrats on a fine deer deer.

strut 01-11-2004 06:55 AM

Yeah MD, the same Taxidermist has the big 10 point that done all the horn damage to this one, He is the one I wanted but he got killed the first morning of our rifle season by a fellow that has a lease that borders my land, He siad he killed him about 7:00am the first morning while he was chasing some does, almost 2 miles from where I had all the pictures of the 2 bucks, Back earlly I saw them running together, then about the middle of Sept I did'nt see them together as much, I got the last pictures of this one about the middle of Oct and did'nt get any more pictures or see him until the last Saturday of our rifle season in late Nov. when he came out in a food plot about 4:45, I did'nt know that he was the 12 point that we had seen so much until we got up to him on the ground, I could'nt believe how his horns had been broken, But the taxidermist did a great job and you have to really examine him close to tell that he has had some horn work done. I have some pictures of the 10 point also, I'll try and get one of him posted here.