Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts >

Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Old 01-10-2004, 07:20 AM

Default Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Here we go
I just got Cabelas Big Game Hunting trips,and I just dont get it.
Now dont start giving me a bunch of **** because I dont agree with it.
I just want to know who agrees with it.
And Why the Hell would ya want to shoot an Elephant??
If it's injured,sick or chargeing you ,,,,sure .But just to say you killed it,give me a break
Old 01-10-2004, 07:38 AM

Default RE: Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Ill have to agree with you. Yea why would you want to shoot an elephant? I dont know why you would want to, but its just a game I guess.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you want to shoot a deer, elk or moose? Why do cattle ranchers limit the number of cattle to so many per acre? Most, if not all legal elephant hunts conducted now are to limit herd size and the meat of the elephant goes to the local villagers. Maybe that will help you understand a little better before you go condemning something you seem not to know much about.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:51 AM

Yea I didnt think of it that way frizzellr.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:51 AM

Hi Duse500,

I have a question for you. Where do you get off "throwing down the gauntlet", giving a load of s**t to anyone that would disagree with you.....and then comment, "don't start giving you a bunch of s**t because someone disagrees with you"?

Why do you kill deer? (And I noticed from your posts that you appreciate stealth cams. Talk about taking a technological advantage!) And yes...you can tell me you eat them....but....would you go hungry if you didn't kill them? (The question is as valid as the one you asked.) What is your reason....your justification?

You don't get to disagree with someone.....and tell them to justify what you don't agree with.....and to "shut up" if they don't agree with you. Sorry bud...it doesn't work that way!

A person hunts to acknowledge their nature...and their place in nature. And if that person chooses to hunt ducks, pheasants, deer, buffalo, elephant, bear, etc. it doesn't change the motivations....or more inherently...the reason. Because someone else has a different interpretation of what they choose to hunt.....or where....or with what equipment....doesn't give you the "right" to sit back and take pot shots at their choices.....and then try to dodge the pot shots coming back!

Every one does not have or even need to agree with you...to make their choices valid. Understand that...and you'll be on your way to a less confrontational existence!

I don't need your approval, or understanding, any more than you do the little old lady's down the street!

Dave
Old 01-10-2004, 08:44 AM

Maybe that will help you understand a little better before you go condemning something you seem not to know much about.
I dident condemn anything,,,I said I dont agree with it.So what

I have a question for you. Where do you get off "throwing down the gauntlet", giving a load of s**t to anyone that would disagree with you.....and then comment, "don't start giving you a bunch of s**t because someone disagrees with you"?
If you think thats a gauntlet and I was giving someone a bunch of s**t Then you have issues.No wait your whole post basically sounds like an attack so I dont have time for someone of your higher being.

All I want to know is who agrees with it and who doesnt
I dont ...short and sweet,whats the big deal.
But the almighty Dave does agree with it(thats what you were trying to say wasent it davy boy)
Old 01-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally am not going to hunt that type of game. It does nothing for me. However, I do understand that as stewards of wildlife, we have an obligation to do our best to manage the herds of all animals, for the betterment of the species.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:17 AM

I do understand that as stewards of wildlife, we have an obligation to do our best to manage the herds of all animals, for the betterment of the species.
I agree with that.
Maybe I should have asked Who would hunt them instead of,whats your stand.
That way people wouldent get offended and all bent out of shape.OH WELL
Old 01-10-2004, 09:21 AM

Hi again Duse500,

First, you make an assumption....you don't know my position on elephant hunting....I never stated it!

Second, I see you've taken the liberal's path...
-State a position
-Back it with no logic
-Attack another's choice
-When confronted with logic...shriek foul...and run and hide
-oh, and don't forget the Piece de resistance...claim I suppose a superior intellect...really indicating my lack of intelligence....act "passive-agressive" and bow out

Third, let me take a guess...you're in your mid to late 20's...and know everything!

Fourth, what I asked you was where do you claim the moral authority to make a declaritive statement of values...challenge anyone that disagrees with you....and then run crying foul when the argument is made?

Even for a "lower being" (your assumptive words...not mine)...that shouldn't be too hard to understand! Or is it....Chucky boy?

P.S. Reread your original post in its entirity....before you claim "foul".
Old 01-10-2004, 09:32 AM

Man, Ya'll need to carry it outside. Just let me know where and when. I ain't seen a good cat fight in awhile.

Quick Reply: Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.