Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts >

Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Old 01-10-2004, 09:38 AM

Default RE: Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

It is a way to supply the local village with large amount of meat-elephant, rhino, hippo, giraffe-as well as a major population control method. Personally if I had the money I would love to hunt elephant, not so much a rhino maybe a dart hunt though.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:57 AM

HELLO old buddy
Well you know what they say about assumptions.

I asked an opinion and gave mine(thats a liberals path?)
As far as attacking anothers choice,you came out swinging,go back and read your post.
oh, and don't forget the Piece de resistance...claim I suppose a superior intellect...really indicating my lack of intelligence....act "passive-agressive" and bow out
If thats what you got from that you have bigger issues then a temper .I dont know you so I dont know your intelligence,and I really dont care.But lets just say you did have a lack of intelligence ...SO WHAT.
I'd rather have comman sense.
Stop trying to read between the lines.
Third, let me take a guess...you're in your mid to late 20's...and know everything!
I'm 42 years old,I got a woman (40),a boy(13) ,a girl (11),a dog (7)I got a house and a job , I pay my taxes...(I'm living the AMERICAN DREAM)and all this from a 7th grade education

Fourth, what I asked you was where do you claim the moral authority to make a declaritive statement of values...challenge anyone that disagrees with you....and then run crying foul when the argument is made?
WHAT are you talking about??
Old 01-10-2004, 10:05 AM

j3k2c1

Fill me in on that dart hunt,whats that about.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:38 AM

Hello again,

The dart hunt allows you to dart the animal (sedating it) and take the "photo" with your "kill" before the animal regains consciousness.

Let's start this over again.

ORIGINAL: Duse500

Here we go
I just got Cabelas Big Game Hunting trips,and I just dont get it.
Now dont start giving me a bunch of **** because I dont agree with it.
I just want to know who agrees with it.
And Why the Hell would ya want to shoot an Elephant??
If it's injured,sick or chargeing you ,,,,sure .But just to say you killed it,give me a break
Are you trying to tell me that the above statement was not being judgemental? And I'm not reading between the lines....I'm reading your words. Quote, "Why the Hell would ya want to shoot an Elephant?......give me a break" End of quote.

Those are your words....not something I read between the lines. And my original response was, "why would you want to shoot a deer" or words to that effect. My point being...why is one different in substance...than the other? To which you never gave an answer. Neither of my posts were any more personal than yours. And if you read the sequence of posts you are the individual that broached the subject of "higher being" not I. And the supposition was that I was assuming to be more intelligent. When I called you on it you feigned ignorance....(passive-agressive behavior). Pick a fight when no one is looking and then act all innocent when someone responds.

Personally I don't give a wit about your education...or lack thereof! You brought the subject up by accusing me of thinking I was a "higher being". You know what they say about over compensating behavior?

As to the moral highground....let me spell it out. From your original statement you made an insinuative declaration that there was no justifiable reason for a person or person(s) to want to hunt elephant. Let's just assume that is because you personally would not want to. That is fine...you don't want to hunt them....don't. What I asked you in that regard was why someone else needed to justify to your satisfaction why they did! And I asked you, in turn, to justify why you hunted deer. You answered neither question....instead you chose to make it a "personal" issue. When I responded in kind....again you acted innocent....played the cameo...so to speak....and acted all indignant. (You only get to claim self defense.....when you do not initiate the incident!)

I have no personal qualm with you. I don't know you either. I assumed nothing about you other than to take a guess at your age. (And I was wrong about that.) I'm glad you are in your 40's, have a wonderful family, and are living the American Dream! On that....we do not differ.

I would have guessed that someone old enough to have all of that would also be able and willing to logically argue for/or against any issue(s) that they would be willing to first post a declarative (and judgemental) statement about, (and you did make that first post, right?) Again, I was wrong. I have made no statements about your education, intelligence, or common sense.....though I repeated back to you a supposition you made, (inversely towards me). So if you took offense....it was your statement that offended you when I turned the question back to you.

In a nutshell, (no pun intended), I asked you declaratively, "why you would attack anothers choice...without offering a logical explanation....for your own". You decided to take it personally....and offensively. Please, be my guest, go back and read each of our posts, in succession, and then tell me again....I have issues. Want to talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

P.S. Yes...this is an effective release of pent up frustrations....it helps keep me off the 6 o'clock news!
Old 01-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea why would you want to shoot an elephant?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99.9% sure thats what the antis say about deer, elk, moose, coyotes, rabbits, pheasants, turkeys, antelope, squirrel, black bears, brown bears, girzzly bears, polar bears, ground hogs, hogs, sheep, goats,mt lions/cougar, alligator and all the other game that we (as hunters) hunt.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:02 AM

The idea of hunting Elephant, Rhino- wow - I think id need more gun then what i got -maybe- but feeding an entire village that sounds even better-knowing that while helping mother nature keeping things in check many people are going to eat. thats great-but them being so extremely large i truly think that my 7mm may need to be up-graded as for Zebra i dont know, IMHO to me it would be like shooting a horse, but thats not saying i wouldn't if given an oppertunity.----->next ? would be what size/cal should or wuold be more effecient?
Old 01-10-2004, 11:09 AM

Hey Duse500,

Psssttt.....I think we got a good thing going here. Let's say we sell tickets...and when it's all finished.....you and I split the proceeds and go have a cold one?

Davey boy!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:11 AM

I just got Cabelas Big Game Hunting trips,and I just dont get it.
Now dont start giving me a bunch of **** because I dont agree with it.
I just want to know who agrees with it.
And Why the Hell would ya want to shoot an Elephant??
If it's injured,sick or chargeing you ,,,,sure .But just to say you killed it,give me a break

Are you trying to tell me that the above statement was not being judgemental? And I'm not reading between the lines....I'm reading your words. Quote, "Why the Hell would ya want to shoot an Elephant?......give me a break" End of quote
Thats what I'm telling ya.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:13 AM

[quote]Psssttt.....I think we got a good thing going here. Let's say we sell tickets...and when it's all finished.....you and I split the proceeds and go have a cold one? [/[quote]
lol
Old 01-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you dont eat what you kill it aint hunting period. You can call it something else, maybe sport killing, but it aint hunting.

Quick Reply: Whats your stand on Elephant,Rino, Zebra,etc etchunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.