Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

preparing for next season

Old 01-07-2004, 06:58 PM

Default RE: preparing for next season

im going to go and scout my ex girlfriendsland and see what thats like...
Old 01-07-2004, 08:12 PM

I've already picked out 2 likely stand sites for bow season this coming fall based on sign I found after season and Camtrakker pictures in December. Also done a little undergrowth clearing through the woods to make a decent path to 1 of the stand sites. It's never too early to prepare for the upcoming season no matter how long off it is!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:11 AM

My season never ends. Oh, it might end on the calendar but not in my head. Scout, scout, scout, the ol Boy Scout motto BE PREPARED, that's my 11th. COMMANDMENT.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a few path's I need to clean up and some debris and tree's that fell during hurricane isabel

other than that I'll watch the deer, and I'll plant something for them to snack on during the warm months
Old 01-08-2004, 12:15 PM

Still at it until the end of the month.....
Old 01-08-2004, 01:30 PM

Our land here in town has grown up very bad because I didn't hunt the past two years and did this year so alot of cleaning up and moving stands here,and the land in carlisle is the same old same old,cut limbs and move stands now while its cool and them dern ticks aren't out and trim up and bushhog and plant feilds later on in the summer when its so freakin hot yo can't breath
Old 01-08-2004, 04:18 PM

Gun season here runs to the 25th, But......When you have your land, the preparing doesn't end. Stands to paint, repair, move. Plots to rework, reseed and Lime. Six cords of wood for next year, and I might not have enough for this year. Two miles of fence to check, repair and replace. And I have to find time to fish. But I guess that's what keeps me going.

Russ
Old 01-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, set stands and hunt.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:28 PM

we are going to fix the fences for the land owner. we just replaced his gate. he has just told me we can hunt his place as long as we want. scouting is the key. we will move our cams all over the place to see whicj trails are being used.we will feed the deer year around so they will be healthier. mrs went with me and planted some new flowers for the owners wife.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on trying to make 3 or 4 different food plots on a couple different farms I hunt. I'm also wanting to do alot of post season scouting and shed hunting. Then I plan on creating some ground blinds and finding some new stand locations on a new 40 acre tract I have permission to hunt on.

Quick Reply: preparing for next season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.