Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many bucks can you kill in your state? >

How many bucks can you kill in your state?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many bucks can you kill in your state?

Old 01-06-2004, 11:16 AM

Default RE: How many bucks can you kill in your state?

All of MN is 1 buck per season no matter what type of weapon being used....bow, gun or muzzleloader.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:57 AM

Yep I agree georgetownboys that west Texas counties are mostly two buck counties in fact I hunt in Real County out west. But from what I understand and I could be wrong that we get a total of 5 deer no more than three bucks all seasons combines. For instance in Real I can shoot two bucks per county rules then I can go east to Leon county and shoot another buck to make a total of three.

Looking at my Liscense there are tags for three bucks. I have harvested two of my bucks and one doe already and according to my tags I have one more buck tag and one more antlerless tag. I however cannot shoot another buck in Real only one more doe.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ISHOOTSHARPSTIX

Wisconsin allows one 1 buck archery and 1 buck firearm. Does are a completely different story....
Depends on which Zone you hunt in.

In southern Wi, you can, in theory, shoot all the bucks you ever see -- an unlimited amount of bucks, just as long as you shoot one doe per buck.

We had the "Earn-a-Buck" system downhere...
Old 01-06-2004, 04:10 PM

Two per day from Thanksgiving week end to the end of February. Seven antlerless days of two per day included. Thats in N.W. Florida. Not a whole lot of deer huntin' goin' on around here. Guess thats because its a fishing community. In all these years I don't know of anyone getting two bucks per day the whole season. Most don't even get two per season.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 total. 1 bp 1 gun 2 bow.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:24 PM

you lucky bast!#@'s !!!!!!! in idaho we only get one deer. Mule or white tail. Can be either sex for white tails, and mulies are only allowed to be taken if they are does in n.idaho. I don't know about s. idaho with mulies...

so i only have the chance to harvest one deer a year.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:30 PM

In the region I hunt in Maryland, you can kill 6 bucks: 2 with a bow, 2 with a rifle, and 2 with a muzzleloader. Each of these seasons requires the purchase of a bonus deer stamp to kill two deer.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: TSR6
In southern Wi, you can, in theory, shoot all the bucks you ever see -- an unlimited amount of bucks, just as long as you shoot one doe per buck.
Just to clarify, what you are referring to is the emergency rules in the Chronic Wasting Disease Intensive Harvest and Herd Reduction Zones, not the entire region of Southern Wisconsin.
There are several different classes of permits available for this area, but primarily these permits state that each entitles you to one antlerless deer per permit. In addition, one buck deer may be taken for each antlerless deer harvested.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:52 PM

In KY you can harvest one buck on your statewide license, the only other legal buck can be taken in a quota hunt which is considered a bonus.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:07 PM

Im not positive but I believe in jersey its 4 bucks, unlimited does. 1 fall bow/1 permit bow/2 firearm

Quick Reply: How many bucks can you kill in your state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.