Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Utterly discustisting

Old 12-28-2003, 10:20 PM

Default RE: Utterly discustisting

Its just wrong!! big needles sound good-
Old 12-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some guys just don't get it.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Fork Horn

Thats the sad thing about trophy hunting... they probably only shot it for the antlers to tell their buddies they shot a big-bastard. Too bad they can't do it like the rest - through years of HARD hunting.

Stuff like that makes me sick, and gives the rest of us a bad name.

I have no problem with trophy hunting. I ony shoot bucks that I can mount or put on a plaque only exception being wounded deer. Between my dad, my brother, and the other father & son that we hunt with, we always end up with enough meat.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the sad thing about trophy hunting... they probably only shot it for the antlers to tell their buddies they shot a big-bastard.
This is not about trophy hunting in the usual sense, but rather trophy hunting for profit. Many of these poachers have a market for the mounts that are harvested and don't keep them for bragging rights. It is much more common in the western states than here in the east especially in Montana where it seems to have become a major business but it happens here in the east as well.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

As I've said before these a$$ holes are NOT hunters! They are poachers! I hope they get the full extent of the law one day. They give all hunters a bad name! Here in Texas the laws are getting stiffer, I hope that theyare getting that way in other states too!
Maybe if they had to lose all their hunting equipment, the vehicle they get caught in, spend a lot of time in jail, pay a big fine, and to top it off, spend a while in stocks and bonds in town square with a sign saying what sorry slobs they are.
And while they are in the stocks and bonds, all the real hunters should be there to humiliate them and give in the rotten fruit treatment, then the average person would realize the difference between hunters and poachers!
Old 12-29-2003, 05:21 AM

I was hunting in Hebbronville, TX a few weeks ago and the land owner told me that they used to have a pet buck they had raised from the time it was a fawn until it was a ten point. The owner had worked out a deal with a local air conditioning contractor that allowed the contractor to hunt in exchange for work on the HVAC system at the lodge. One day the HVAC guy showed up to hunt and the land owner went into town; when he was coming back to the ranch he caught the HVAC man sneaking out of the ranch with the pet deer dead in the back of his truck. He had shot it with his bow.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:37 AM

The big question is why do people feel the need to do this? There are people starving that would have been more then happy with the meat.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:41 AM

I wonder if most poachers are law-abidding citizens when they are not in the woods or trouble makers, law beakers and back stabbers thier whole pitiful lifes. I hope they do not pass poaching on to thier sons and daughters![>:]
Old 12-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

This type of person is a disgrace to society. I think that we should all, as hunters be called to the stocks and use more than rotten fruit on the jacka$$e$. They should have to pay for all flight tickets for each and every hunter too. Maybe that would make them realize that what they did is damaging to the entire society, not just the decapitated deer. They have no right to carry a gun or a bow or even own one for that matter.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:14 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Someone posed a very good question. When they aren't poachers what are they? It's hard to say. How many people are regular law abiding citizens when they arn't steeling software? Morality and ethics are hard things to teach a person. I think part of it is this emphasis that so many people put into the score of a deer. I would enjoy taking a big buck but does and button bucks are fine for me as well. I also get a big blast from bagging squirrel. Guess that's just me.

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.