Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

true deer story!!

Old 12-28-2003, 07:48 AM

Default true deer story!!

my brother-in-law was taking his irish setter for a walk. he came across a nice 8 point that was laying down beside a creek. he slowy walked up to it and got within ten feet. the deer stood up and appeared to be blind and confused. the dog tood off after it and the deer ran toward andy (not in a hostile way.... i don't think he even knew andy was there) the only thing andy could do is grab it by its antlers and and kind of throw it to one side to avoid being hurt. the deer was bleeding from its nose and mouth. a guess a guy ended up shooting it during rifle season and the none of the meat was any good. they guess that he got hit by a car because one whole side of it's ribcage was caved in. i think it's amazing that this deer survived an impact like this for as long as it did. i'm just wondering how long he would have made it if he wasn't shot by a hunter.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:50 AM

Default RE: true deer story!!

i forgot.... he took pics of the whole experience, hopefully he'll let me borrow them to post on the site.