Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Okay, what's your worst miss??? >

Okay, what's your worst miss???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Okay, what's your worst miss???

Old 12-29-2003, 05:55 PM

Default RE: Okay, what's your worst miss???

my worse miss was a complete miss! opening day of rifle season 4 years ago i had a nice sized 8 step into an opening , i raised my gun took it off safe and pulled the trigger , the buck turned his head and looked at me , i quickly chambered another round . and dropped him in his tracks . upon examination i found only 1 entrance and 1 exit wound , i have no idea what happened with the first shot !
Old 12-31-2003, 07:45 PM

Today. We walked into the camp yard and I heard a grouse fly off, look theres one standing on a log not ten feet away BOOM dad fires then I fired with my gun in its direction (that close) he doesn't budge, [] BOOM another one off a little more focused, he flies off []OH WHAT! I still dont know how I missed because it was the easiest shot I've had at a bird maybe ever. I remember kind of hesitating because it was so close I was afraid of blowing it apart (that close) so this may have took my attention away from getting him right on the bead. I'll relive that shot in my head the rest of my life, even though its only a partridge..
Old 12-31-2003, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

This isn't a miss, more like a lost attempt to shoot a deer. Well anyway...it was the early muzzleloader season in PA. I was in Susquehanna county holding a flintlock. Oh yea, was with 2 other guys. One was trying to push some deer towards my direction, other guy was kinda helpin me along (i never shot a deer) Well I'm waiting looking around and through some trees I see two sets of deer legs. We waited, tried to get closer but couldn't get a clean shot, oh well thats hunting. So we set up again, I'm on a trail and someone is pushing deer again. I hear some rustling behind, at first I thought nothing of it, probably just a squirrel right? WRONG! Eventually 2 does run out back into the woods across the trail I was standing on, not more than 10 yards from me[] I didn't get a deer that night, but theres always next season (oh yeah...spring is coming up...spring=turkey[:-])