Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!! >

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2003, 10:04 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

according to the national weather service, on december 24th 2003, sunrise in the most western part of your state was at 7:38am and sunrise in the most eastern part was at 7:09am. even if legal shooting time is 1/2 hour before sunrise, your still 40 minutes early in eastern north carolina and an hour an 10 minutes early in the western part of north carolina. so either you are a poacher or a liar.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:15 PM

the frist one i think you hit in the lung and at each puff if air will be a lot of blood you hit her and all you can do now is look and look and keep a eye out for coyotes they may have her now

if you have lots of deer then all you guys that say he should not have shot the 2ed deer can kiss your wife and be back by supper, hell i would of shot it in the headlights, on the road too. just keep looking oh and bring you gun you might hit a new one too
hey guys if theirs lots of deer then shoot shoot and eat
Old 12-25-2003, 11:28 PM

hey guys if bigboo saw it was safe to shoot then you better go home or you might end up in the dark ha ha
Old 12-26-2003, 03:26 AM

BigBoo, you asked for help, people are tring to, as for picking apart and pithing evryone off--you need to chill out, your the one that asked for help, personally i wouldnt have shot the second deer unless i was 110% sure the first was un recoverable, you stated that there was a farm adjoining where you were hunting?-(now only a suggestion)- try looking around where you shot, maybe went to farmers feild-if so its gone-as for the second it sounds like you hit it-just dont give up-keep looking-good luck!

AS skeeter 7mm posted, you dont have to like what our responses are, you have have asked our opinions are we are all trying to help!!!!!!
--Good luck--
Old 12-26-2003, 06:20 AM

The first deer you know you definately hit, I would go back and try and find her.
The second is questionable if you did not find any blood or blood trail, than you probably missed. It's a little different shooting targets up at the range versus standing there and pulling the trigger. Next time at the range, see where your shot are going at 100 yaeds, than try standing and shoot at the target again and see where you are hitting. Maybe you are pulling up?

I have shot many deer and even with a heart shot, they can run up to 100 yards or more.

The only time I have dropped them in their tracks is with a neck shot. One deer I got this year, I blew out her front shoulders and she sill ran about 30-40 yards before stopping.

Good luck,

T
Old 12-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

[quotehell i would of shot it in the headlights, on the road too. just keep looking oh and bring you gun you might hit a new one too
hey guys if theirs lots of deer then shoot shoot and eat
][/quote]

never would have known this by your name bambikiller. This is obviously a hoax and a couple people wanting to stir up a big argument and get everyone wound up.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Spike

I just think someone is stealing your deer.

As for the ethics, I've shot deer while standing by my truck. If you're hunting for meat then I don't see anything wrong with being opportunistic about getting a doe for the freezer. That's not saying that I condone getting a deer illegaly, but as long as you are out of the truck and at least the minimum distance from the road then it was legal. Assuming of course that you just posted the time you shot it at wrong and it was during the legal sunrise time. And you were wearing you're state's minimum requirement for blaze orange.

Anyway, you may want to check around for other people's tracks in addition to deer tracks next time you look around for those deer. It sounds odd but I've known of a few people who have had deer (even does) stolen. You may want to think about swiching to a bigger gun to anchor you're deer more consistantly. If you are used to a 30-30 then I would use a .444, That seems to work better on deer than even the 45-70 for some reason. At least go up to the .35 rem. I used a 30-30 for years, but it isn't exactly famous for dropping deer in thier tracks.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:12 AM

Upon looking at this whole thread......just another fine example of someone tossin lead!!!! Good job BigBoo, from the sounds of it....you won't be losing any sleep over this one.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:14 PM

hey guys if bigboo saw it was safe to shoot then you better go home or you might end up in the dark ha ha
u r dumb
Old 12-26-2003, 07:13 PM

i love a good controversy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.