Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Down the golden road

Old 12-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Down the golden road

Well, I thought it was time to start my two grandsons down the golden road of deer hunting so I bought a single shot .243 youth rifle today as part of their Christmas. I have a Tasco scope I will put on it tomorrow for a temporary fix. After a few trips to the range I'll take them one at a time to a couple of my honey holes that you can shoot a deer in almost any day you want to. Now if they enjoy it half as much as I have for the last 37 years ...............
Old 12-25-2003, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Down the golden road

No better way to enjoy your time with them. Good luck. I'm sure you are looking at memories in the making. That will be a time with Granddad they will never forget.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:20 PM

congrats timber. hope you and your grandkids have fun at the range and in the woods. i hope that someday (far from now) i will have a son and even grandkids to take out there with me. hopefully they will be the best partners ill ever have.
-Billy
Old 12-26-2003, 04:21 AM

good luck timber, hope to hear more on your upcoming hunts and memories in the making!! Im hoping to take my two sons out next season. cant wait..
Old 12-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Timber! I know it will be a great feeling to be there when your grandkids get their first deer! My girls are grown, and no immediate prospects for grand kids yet, it will come one day though!
As you said "temporary fix," I'm sure that you are planning to replace the Trashco one day! I'm sure that the gun is at least 10 times better than those optics! LOL!
Again good luck to you and your grandkids!