Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input >

Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input

Old 12-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input

Mystro, you did the right thing. It's tough to put a deer down like that, but it's even tougher to watch them suffer.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mystro you did the right thing, and a good job of keeping your cool with an idiot on top of that! You can't really reason with these idiots, the best you can do is keep your cool and they look like the idiots they are! Coastie, I agree with your statement too! There is "the right thing to do," sometimes it isn't the "legal" thing to do. I don't think that we should just break laws if we don't agree with them, but when it comes to the "moral" or "ethical" thing to do in a situation were an animal is suffering needlessly, I feel more than justified to put the animal out of its misery.
Also, TX is pretty much right, here in Texas not too many officers would have questioned what Mystro did, and if one were fool enough to press the issue, there would not be many judges that would have found him guilty either!
Old 12-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Boy did you screw up! Should of did the world a favor and shot the bitch andsaved the deer.

Nothing could be done except what you did, with the exception of shooting the bitch also.
Rick
Old 12-26-2003, 05:16 PM

You did the right thing. In hind sight, I would have said, "a sphincter says what???" GOSH, why can't I ever remember those sayings when I could USE THEM???
Old 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM

i agree with everyone else by saying that you did the right thing!so did you bring that deer home with you?I always have a knife, or a gun with me just for that reason.Id rather put it out of its missery and get yelled at a million times than let one suffer in the middle of the road
Old 12-27-2003, 09:57 AM

Mystro

Without a doubt in my mind you did the right thing. I am 20 years old and am an EMT for our city. On one of my first calls out on the interstate person was riding a motorcycle didn't see deer in the middle of road hit the deer. Deer vs. motorcyle, motorcycle vs. semi. Now what if that happend in front of that lady, how would you explain something that graphic to your kids. I bet she wouldn't be saying a damn thing then. You did a great job.

Tom
Old 12-27-2003, 10:07 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Nothing you can do about the stupid woman. I've put down one deer this year. Have stopped in the moddle of the night before to put down another wounded animal. I wouldn't do it if I was too near a city but further out in the country like I wouldn't hesitate. And if the lady wasn't gawking at the wounded deer she wouldn't have been upset at what she saw. Forget her.

David
Old 12-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mystro

She continued to swear at me in front of her kids and I then took control of the situation and told her to keep moving and get out of hear. She swore at my wife as well as she drove away and my wife was calm and told her to keep moving.
This lady did way more damage to her kids by being out of control than the sight of a deer being put out of its misery.

You did the right thing. I applaud you for keeping your cool with the psycho mom too.