HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   The REAL velvet world record whitetail (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/47189-real-velvet-world-record-whitetail.html)

dc240nt 12-23-2003 08:57 PM

The REAL velvet world record whitetail

I sure didn't mean to come down as hard as I did on White-raven. But after you read this maybe you'll understand why I did. I just got off the phone with Dave Boland, he is THE authority on record book whitetails in all of North America, and he is the guy who scored and entered the Jim Kostroski velvet nontypical from Minnesota. I can assure you, the deer DOES NET 214, IT IS OFFICIALLY ENTERED AT THAT SCORE, and IT IS A NEW WORLD RECORD NONTYPICAL WHITETAIL archery record! Pure and simple as that. Oh, and one more thing, P&Y does have seperate catagories for velvet whitetails, something new about 5 years ago. If you don't believe me, then, with his permission given to post this, you can call Dave Boland himself at 507-867-4086, he said he'd be more then happy to tell you as it is. Guess if you are going to post something, you should do all of us a favor and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I rest my case!

GroundHunter 12-23-2003 09:59 PM

RE: The REAL velvet world record whitetail

Ouch........lol........

Rickmur 12-24-2003 03:55 AM

In the words of Rodney King:

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

and cut all this crap?

Tazman 12-24-2003 05:13 AM

dc240nt you certainly landed a knock out blow with that post.

mdbo I, like you had just started to be glad this was over, WR had become an enjoyable member of the board, hopefully this post will not run her off.

WhiteRaven 12-24-2003 05:16 AM

dc240nt, I'm not trying to start anything but you really must check up on your facts. First off the deer only gross scores 211. It looks like you're unable to verify this for yourself cause you've posted the incorrect score twice now. So I'm going to post 2 different sites, the second one being Jim Kostroski own web page (you think he might know the actual score?)

http://www.american-hunter.com/monst...troskibuck.htm

http://www.magnumsportsx.com/Jim%20Kos%20Bio.htm

So I've just proven how wrong you are about the score. Of course there's always the chance that you're right and Jim Kostroski's wrong. As for your assertion that this is a is a new WR archery record for velvet, it may be the largest NT velvet taken with bow but seeing as how there is no separate category for velvet animals, it looks like once again you have no idea what you are talking about. P&Y has had a separate category for velvet animals the past 5 years??????? Again with this statement you show your ignorance and total lack of understanding. THEY DO NOT!! Can't you get that through your head? You come along and make these statements but are unable to back them up. This posting is no different than your last. You just said it differently but still have the facts wrong and no way to back up what you're saying. Better go back to the drawing board junior. Nothing personal dc240nt but I'll take Jim Kostroski's score. as reported by him on his web page, and what Dave told me as the real one . I think he'd know the score way better than you. So the next time you post on here, try backing your statements up with a source that can be verified instead of just regurgitating what you've already said. I ask you now, WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT??? The obvious answer to everyone is dc240nt. It also should be noted that P&Y has still not received anything official from Jim. Although his deer has been scored and a "official" score given to him no paper work has yet been submitted for entry into P&Y. dc240nt, I'm not going to get into a long debate with you over 3 inches btw.
214/211, gross/net toemato/tomato. it's still a great deer. Your facts are close enough to the truth that I can't be bothered going over them with you anymore. There's not a lot of differences in what we know. But as far as P&Y's velvet category goes......well you dead wrong there.

SwampTHING 12-24-2003 05:31 AM

Who really cares!!! This is getting absolutely rediculous!

jimpok61 12-24-2003 06:57 AM

:) Peace my brothers & sisters. IT IS CHRISTMAS!!! Super Velvet, what more needs to be said?:eek:

Tazman 12-24-2003 07:09 AM

Merry Christmas to all!:):D

BTW the horse does not need to be whipped anymore, it is dead![X(][X(][X(]

mikej92280 12-24-2003 07:09 AM

ITS A GREAT BUCK IN MY EYES NO MATTER WHAT IT SCORES

trophyhuntr 12-24-2003 07:33 AM

i agree he-yaw